Yes,

it should be alright to those annotation data files I've placed on

  http://aroma-project.org/data/annotationData/chipTypes/CytoScanHD_Array/

The attached plot is a proof of concept using an example data set from
Affymetrix.

FYI, *.acs (and *.ugp, and *.ufl) files are binary files, so I doubt
'wc' is inappropriate to use.  Instead you can use, say,
readSequences(acs, cells=1010:1015) to retrieve the probe sequences
and hence compare them with those of another file.

/Henrik