Good afternoon,

First of all offer my apologies for the delay of this response.

El sábado, 23 de marzo de 2013 22:28:52 UTC+1, Henrik Bengtsson escribió:

> Hi.
>
> On Sat, Mar 23, 2013 at 4:00 AM, Carles Hernández
> <kurag...@gmail.com<javascript:>>
> wrote:
> > Good morning,
> >
> > First of all, thanks for answering so fast. Its really helpful to be
> able to
> > talk with the main creator of the library.
> >
> > Going back to the topic, sorry I didn't express myself properly. I "have
> no
> > idea" what the CEL files contain so, the idea is to analyze the
> microarrays
> > using, the FreqB, LRR and genotypes. Some of them can are tumoral but I
> > can't know. I will use the genotype to classify the probes in AA, Ab and
> BB
> > in order to study the FreqB compared with LRR and use an external
> program
> > called MAD.
>
> But do you agree with me that it does not make sense to classify a SNP
> into (AA, AB, BB), i.e. call the genotype, if the SNP is for instance
> A, ABB, AAABB, or even worse a mixture of, say, 10% A, 38.5% ABB and
> 40.1% AAABB and the rest being the normal AB?  So, I still argue that
> genotypes will only make sense for SNPs that you know are normal.  If
> you don't know which samples are normal and which are tumors you will
> never know which SNPs/genotype calls you can trust, which to me makes
> the (artifical) genotype calls useless.  Although I still haven't seen
> one, I'm all ear for a good argument for where it makes sense to call
> genotypes in a tumor.  I'm just trying to safe you from wasting your
> time going down the wrong path.

Yes, I agree with that but in fact I want a baf estimation and for that I
want to use CRLMM, which also predicts the genotype, but it is not ready
for GenomeWideSNP 6 so use the implementation of CRMAv2 which predicts baf
pretty well it may be a solution.

Could you provide a reference to "MAD" - never heard of it.

Here you can get some information related to "MAD":

 - http://www.biomedcentral.com/1471-2105/12/166
 - http://www.creal.cat/jrgonzalez/software.htm#ancla-MAD

> > So, you said CRLMM is not implemented for GenomeWideSNP 6.0, may I can
> > contribute implementing it?
>
> Certainly, that would be great and most appreciated.  Just a heads up,
> it's more than a standard programming task.  It requires diving into
> the oligo::crlmm() code and its algorithm to find out which modules
> can be reused and which needs to be ported.  The two CrlmmModel.R and
> CrlmmModel.EXT.R in aroma.affymetrix/R/ would serve as a good
> start/template:
>

> https://r-forge.r-project.org/scm/viewvc.php/pkg/aroma.affymetrix/R/CrlmmModel.R?view=markup&root=aroma-dots
>

> https://r-forge.r-project.org/scm/viewvc.php/pkg/aroma.affymetrix/R/CrlmmModel.EXT.R?view=markup&root=aroma-dots
>

> If you look inside oligo::crlmm() you see that it itself takes two
> separate paths depending whether the chip type is (a)
> Mapping50K_(Hind|Xba)240 and Mapping250K_(Nsp|Sty) [which is ported to
> aroma.affymetrix], or (b) GenomeWideSNP_(5|6) [which is not ported].
> In other words, it's the internal oligo:::genotypeOne() that needs to
> be ported.

Actually I am battling with clrmm, oligo and oligoClasses to manage my
GenomeWideSNP cel files. My prior is to finish this analysis but may be I
will take a hand on this porting, not sure but in mind.

> > Anyway, thank you to share with us the aroma.affymetrix suite.
>
> You're welcome - hopefully it makes everyday science a bit easier.
>
> /Henrik

Lots of thanks for you answers.

Carles

PS\ Some consideration to apply CRLMM to Affymetrix Axiom and Affymetrix
Axiom Exome arrays?

> > El viernes, 22 de marzo de 2013 19:31:10 UTC+1, Henrik Bengtsson
> escribió:
> >>
> >> Hi Carles,
> >>
> >> the quick answer it that aroma.affymetrix only implements the CRLMM
> >> method for the 100K (Mapping50K_Xba142 and Mapping50K_Hind142) and
> >> 500K (Mapping250K_Nsp and Mapping250K_Sty) chip types.   For newer
> >> methods you need to turn to the Bioconductor 'oligo' package.
> >>
> >> However, what are you going to use the genotypes for?  I'm asking
> >> because it is rather common, and according to me incorrect, to try to
> >> call genotypes in tumor samples.  Genotypes are really only defined in
> >> normal/germline genomes and most (all?) genotype methods assume that
> >> the samples are such.  Calling "genotypes" in tumors is rather a
> >> problem of inferring parent-specific CNs (PSCNs) - not at the
> >> SNP-by-SNP level but in segments along the genome.  Contrary to normal
> >> PSCNs ("genotypes"), tumor PSCNs may not take discrete levels due
> >> clonality and normal contamination.  In other words, if you do indeed
> >> have tumors, it does not make sense to use CRLMM on them.  Instead you
> >> want to to PSCN segmentation/calling.
> >>
> >> Hope this helps
> >>
> >> Henrik

> GenomeWideSNP

> analysis

> with
> the

> is
> not

> LRR,

> );

> );

> )

> send
> >> >

> > --
> > --
> > When reporting problems on aroma.affymetrix, make sure 1) to run the
> latest
> > version of the package, 2) to report the output of sessionInfo() and
> > traceback(), and 3) to post a complete code example.

> Groups
> > "aroma.affymetrix" group with website http://www.aroma-project.org/.
> > To post to this group, send email to
> > aroma-af...@googlegroups.com<javascript:>