Jagdeep,

There are bunch of softsynths... A very good one that u can have for
free is Crystal (greenoak.com). Its like a poor man's version of
Absynth. It supports Substractive synthesis and FM synthesis. But u
have it use it as a VST plug in only, no stand-alone, so u shud have
some VST host.

U can get Absynth demo version for free, which is fully operational,
but it has a 30 day limit on it. Absynth will work as a stand alone
version too.

if u go to KVRaudio.com, u can find bunch of softsynths, for free or
demo versions.

Meanwhile, I figured out a way to get that stuttering/chopping effect
(eg. Dol Dol femal voice) in Cubase, just select a midi gate as an
insert effect for the audio track and direct a midi track to that midi
gate.Now u can use that midi track and play it in real time or program
it to control the audio u want to chop. Pretty simple once u know it
:-). Prolly u can do it any other software like Cubase.

Regards,
Sam

--- In arrahmanfans@yahoogroups.com, Jagdeep <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> hi "Sam Sujith" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
> an arp can be programmed to run up and down on different notes (or 1
note ) that are pressed ( in a fixed pattern  ) or can be programmed
to play single note in a pattern  which might just have intervals with
or without any ifx or mfx.........i guess 'coz this is how  my triton
works...... it does not have presets but can be programmed to the same
effect....... but what u say could also be correct as there could be
many different workarounds for the same thing and moreso, i do not
know much about softsynths to be very honest......can u give me links
to download good softsynths ... like the absynth ???
>    i want 2 upload my compositions too........what will i have to do
in order for it ...... i hope people dont copy the
tunes.............but anyways many of them are copywrited so no probs
. i will upload those.

http://us.click.yahoo.com/c9hWNA/3MnJAA/n1hLAA/iyUplB/TM