hi gomtya (others plzz read on...itz interesting),
   dunno u r a gurl r guy. so i'll call u gom. its nice 2 hear tat. as
 u said, mercury is 1 of the leading company in comp pheriperals. but
i got better suprises.
   i'va a 5.1 speaker system from creative, the world leader in
computer speakers. my cous bought these 4 me in malaysia. he said, the
sales person demonstrated the speakers with selective song cd which
included mj's hits, arr's beats, linkin park audio n eminem hit
singles. amazing na. i was jus stunned 2 react 2 tat. fearing i wudn't
beleive, he brought the cd from tat showroom(had the creative label in
the centre of the cd "creative sample audio")
   another incident - he(my cousin) bought a bose home theatre audio
systen in dubai recently. there 2, the bose sample audio cd had arr's
vande mataram (hindi version) along with other songs.
    jus' sum incidents 2 share.
    regarding the sound system
    u said tat arr asked mani 2 use 5.1 encoding 4 his film, but it
was later used 4 boys. a 5.1 dts audio cd was launched, abt which this
same group discussed a lot. i've the cd too. but as it is a dts audio
cd, a 5.1. speakers system alone is not enough. u shud have a 5.1
decoding sound card(creative live!, audigy 2), a dts decoding
software(windvd6 or later) n a dvd rom. when i heard those songs in my
system, i was awestruck. didn't think abt sum instruments even
existed. the music n voice was more than crystal clear. i disconnected
my center speaker n heard 1nly the music, no voice was heard in other
speakers n the vice versa. hearing singers w/o music was funnier. this
was when i had a creative live! sound card, an analog version. now
with my audigy 2 zs platinum sound card, i can even upmix stereo songs
to 5.1 or 7.1. i've upmixed yaakkai thiri n found it really cool, as
if in a discotheque.
     thanx 4 reading this mail. hope u guys enjoyed.
     tariq akthar

Only at arrahmanfans - The definitive A.R.Rahman e-community.