Hi,
I am just listening to Mangal Panday, and it is great (though may not be in league of Lagaan, Saathiya, Meenaxi). Some people are saying it disappointing which can only be a lie.

My most favorite is 'Mangal mangal (Agni)'. It is such a energetic, devotional, patriotic song. Great vocals by Kailash Kher, and wonderful lyrics too.

My second favorite is 'Al madad Maula'. And believe me when ARR sings 'maulaaaaaaa.. maula maula', it is heaven. Even his one line is so magical, so marvelous.

Then comes 'Rasiya'. A very good song, with very good use of guitar. I like it very much.
Though I could not understand is ARR running out of tunes, the music piece from Badal(Yuva) has been direclty used in it. Moreover shades of many other songs can be found in it. e.g. Kehta hai mera(Jeans), Rang hai(Meenaxi), Dhuan dhuan(Meenaxi), and Mein Albeli(Zubeidaa).

Main vari vari is very good too. A mujra type song, sung beautifully by Kavita. She proves that she has no match.

My another favorite is 'Takey takey', it is so catchy like yunhi chala chal rahi (Swades).

Holi re is just an average song, and the only one song in album I say is average. Here again exact beats from Chand aya hai(Dil Hi Dil Main) are used.

Regards

http://mail.yahoo.com

This August, Discover the Birth of Your Independence
and The Magic of A.R.Rahman's Music in
Mangal Pandey - The Rising
http://www.risingthefilm.com
http://www.mangalpandeythefilm.com
Music released: Jul 14, 2005 Movie releases: Aug 12, 2005

Only at arrahmanfans - The definitive A.R.Rahman e-community.

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS