Hi Rawat, Hope you are fine.

> It is director choice/ skill that is being criticised in the
> above. MD gives a song asked by the director. How the
> director then uses the song, and where, that has nothing to
> do with MD.
>
> ARR could not have helped it in any way if holi song
> "retarted the film unnecessarily".

YOU HIT THE BULL'S EYE

> Holi song is more a failure of Javed Akhtar than of anyone
> else. Every word and figures of speech used in this song are
> ages old.

LYRICS WERE  MEANT TO BE "AGES OLD". AROUND 150 YEARS OLD, TO BE
APPROXIMATE AT THE LEAST.

I haven't seen the film, but I think you meant that the Song lyrics
should have been in sync with the language that the characters speak.
If that had not been the case with this song, then you may be 150%
right..!

Or, as in your "historic" string of arguements around a  month back,
the lyrics were too much "periody" compared to the "non-period" music
and so, they didnt mangal...oh sorry- mingle well giving the critics
something to "mangle" with...

> There could be psychological reasons also. Normally people
> expect to see a serious, all-business type of personality
> for a larger than life hero like Mangal Pandey. Hence they
> could not digest him enjoying small pleasures like playing
> with colours in the comapny of gorgeous girls, all painted
> whimsically.

YES! I DID EXPECT SUCH A THING BEFORE THE D-DAY (12TH). BUT NOW AFTER
READING THE REVIEWS, I AM A BIT CONCERNED.

I HOPE THE ENGLISH VERSION IS PROPERLY SCISSORED. Whatever is the
case,  I will make it someday to the theatres to witness the fictional
history.

Thanks for reading.
Chandra.

 would our lives be like without music, dance, and theater? Donate or volunteer
in the arts today at Network for Good</a>.</font>

This August, Discover the Birth of Your Independence
and The Magic of A.R.Rahman's Music in
Mangal Pandey - The Rising
http://www.risingthefilm.com
http://www.mangalpandeythefilm.com
Music released: Jul 14, 2005 Movie releases: Aug 12, 2005

Only at arrahmanfans - The definitive A.R.Rahman e-community.