DIL SE!
How wonderful to know that soo many other people share the same opinion.
Yes, Raham undoubtedly has lots of great masterpieces, but Dil Se, is from his
heart
(and no pun intended here).

For a music director, the biggest challenge is to create something new,
distinct and
creative. However, not be off to a tangent, since then it won't be accepted.
Dil Se is
that album that pleased the masses and classes, brought a revolution in music;
and
will be there forever.

Starting with chart-breaking, mindblowing Chaiya chaiya - that installed
Sukhwinder
as one of THE energetic singers, to one of Lata best fusion-based number - Jiya
jale.
Followed by Rahman's cry from the heart - Dil Se. Thaiya thaiya is the ultimate
parallel
song ever done (2 songs with the same tune..)..similiar tune and yet so
different....i am
sure everyone noticed how there are multiple level of 'beats' or markers in
terms of
intrument appregios to drums.

To toast it, the 2 best songs (IMHO) - Ae Ajnabi - by my fav - Udit narayan.
This song
can make me cry, and happy at the same time!! The tears due to the amazing
melody,
and the happiness -- the emotion of being transported into a world of
unparalleled
melody! And then the other master piece - Satrangi Re. What can I say?
Everything
from the accordians to guitars to Sonu's silken voice is marvellous. Every
note, every
tone is so painstakingly created. And - to just be able to create such a
complex
composition, and yet make it to easy to listen to......Rahman -- you are a
genius!!

Top it all with brilliant lyrics by Gulzar....what more can one want!!

-----------
Additionally, some of my other favourite, or candidates for 10/10 Rahman
creations:
- Bombay
- Swades
- Taal