Hi,

Can anybody help me me to buy this CD "WOHE".  I would greatly
apperciate this.  I have been in search.  I would get it in SOny
Music ONline store.  It's bit expensive.  I do not mind spening but
I wanted to know before I could spend if there is any other place a
music store anywhere in south india or any other online music
store.  Please help me out with this.  Can you also tell me more
about the Jana Gana Mana Album of ARR.  I am shameless to say but I
really came to know about this After coming to this website.  I am
also looking forward to buy this CD.

Pls Help me with this.

Raj

--- In arrahmanfans@yahoogroups.com, Gajanan Balasubramaniam
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> some days back after the concert, i was listening to the WOHE
album and i
> had written this to my friend.
>
> ====
> well... i have to sheepishly admit that i never listened
to "warriors of
> heaven and earth" soundtrack well enough..
> all this time. i always considered ARR a genius. but this album
seems to
> elevate him far beyond that "genius" status as well... i dont
know.. i m
> just speechless. to have been able to compose this kind of music
that is so
> much intune with native chinese musical traditions... that really
gives us
> an image of china and mongolia... is above brilliance,
intelligence and
> genius... i dont know what to call him now...
>
> an "elementary" reproduction of feelings that i had when listening
to the
> album....
>
> "blue light" - ethereal as the name suggests... same chorus
towards the end
> as that of "horses"
> "buddhas remains" -- it makes you feel a great awakening inside
you.. fills
> you with a feeling like the soul being stirred... maybe fill with
buddha's
> spirit!
> "horses" - awesome chorus, i just kept on listening to it on a
forever loop
> "lai chi theme" gives a huge power surge deep inside..
> "monk" - close ur eyes... and u would really see monks sitting
atop rocky
> ledges and meditating in the thin mountain air.. reminds me of a
NatGeo
> program about Monastries of Wudang Mountain....
> "escape" -- makes you imagine people really running away, hiding
from prying
> eyes, just managing things in the nick of time.. u know.. all the
fast
> camera stuff!
> "mountains" -- if i had been listening to this song while driving
up into
> the shenandoah (mountains in virginia state), the songs would have
> absolutely fit the occasion....
> "dacoit duel" -- i m spellbound.. i can really see 2 men baying
for each
> other's blood, measuring each others paces and making lethal
advances....

> & now.. which one of these was the theme song? and what is the song
> ordering... i would like to listen to these songs in proper
sequence.. i
> think "blue light" precedes "horses" because of the tune match. i
might be
> wrong...
>
> i kinda didnt appreciate that jolin tsai's song. considering the
above, this
> pop song faded below my recognition.... and so was that "lords..."
song.
> ====
>
> I wonder how Roger Hall wrote that review. Maybe he is a good
reviewer for
> western sounds. Unfortunately, he seems to be prejudiced towards
that half
> of the world alone. I somehow felt that he exhitbited more of
contempt than
> respect. Had he really delved deeper into sounds and the space
that they
> provided and the relation of the songs to the movie, I do not
think he would
> have written such an insensitive review. Take nothing... just
sample the
> "Monk" song. If you have seen the program on monks at Wudang
Mountains
> telecast on Nat Geo channel, you will fully agree how well the song
> picturises monks meditating upon various truths of life.
>
> There is another one such song by Yanni called "After The
Sunrise". Great
> visual appeal. Close your eyes and you can really imagine the sun
rising
> from the horizon and casting its golden rays upon the land. I
remember the
> "monk" song and the above song in the same breath. Both were
instrumental.
> For vocal, take "Dheemi Dheemi" sung by Hariharan in the
movie "1947 Earth".

http://us.click.yahoo.com/dpRU5A/wUILAA/yQLSAA/iyUplB/TM