well whats the point of ARR movie on to millunim trends? Music trends
in the millenium suxks more.... i thnk his 90s sound is just fine. And
also look at directors like Shankar and movies like Anniyan/
chandramukhi seem to be stuck in the 90s too. i think Kandukondain had
a truly millenium sound from ARR, so was Alaypayuthe.All of them were
ads syled. The   year 2000 and the next 2 years follweing  the
millnieum had music from ARR accuately depicting the millenium, maybe
ARR wants to celebrate the millenium? then in 2003 we saw the release
of Boys, KKS, E18U20 bringing back the 90s sounds.

--- In arrahmanfans@yahoogroups.com, "Sam" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Really ?
>
> I agree that HJ has done some good job in recent movies, but that
> doesn't mean he is doing something new. I liked his scores in
> Anniyan and Ghajini for the only reason that they sounded like ARR
> in 90's
>
> ARR has moved into the the future by means of expermentation while
> HJ has decided to stay back in 90s
>
> ARR has also produced wonderful "sounds" in Alaipayuthe, Yuva, Boys,
> Swades and in fact Bose. They are just different from 90s sound.
>
> Don't we all want that.
>
> Sam
>
> --- In arrahmanfans@yahoogroups.com, "stylegamer" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
> >
> > ARR has better technology now than in the 90s but to  i dont see
> the
> > corelation. His recent releases has a bad taste of sound
> especially
> > Ahh Ahh, Mangel Pandey, Bose.
> >  Not magical effects we heard from him in the 90s.In the 90s ARR
> had a
> > good sound scheme like in Khadhalan , THirudha thirudha, Bombay,
> > Indian and especially the one called Andhimandharai & Khabi na
> Khabi
> > which bit the dust. that when u hear it now it is light years
> ahead of
> > even the 2000s. What has happened now? back then the  technology
> was
> > not as advanced of now. In fact  present tchnology should be able
> > give ARR a better advantage. IS the lack of Shridhar somehow
> > contributing to this effect? And i do notice HJ music eerirly
> > resembles the sound engineering of 90s ARR songs. as u know HJ has
> > worked for ARR once. did somehow ARR's sound engineers contibute
> > the success of his songs?
> >
> > any thoughts?

Know an art & music fan? Make a donation in their honor this holiday season!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/VwqHaC/.VHMAA/n1hLAA/iyUplB/TM