hmm..

i think there might be bigger number of people who know ar rahman than
zubin mehta in india.

honestly, i had to crawl in the google to to find what exactly this
mehta does.

seems to be a high profile musician / conductor, indeed.  i remember
once reading about him somewhere, but havent heard any. And that would
be the case with many indians.

here is what i found in  google. sharing it for clueless souls like me
:"> :D

http://immigration.about.com/library/weekly/aa081299.htm

http://www.turandotonsite.com/Current/Bios/Metha.html

--- In arrahmanfans@yahoogroups.com, "Gajenthar PT" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> Zubin Mehta - "I really don't know them" (The Hindu - dated Tuesday,
> Dec 27, 2005)
>
> When a journalist asked him if he had heard of the works of A.R.
> Rahman and Ilaiyaraja, he shook his head cluelesslysaying, "I really
> don't know them."
>
> full article - http://www.hindu.com/2005/12/27/stories/
> 2005122707082000.htm

Know an art & music fan? Make a donation in their honor this holiday season!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/VwqHaC/.VHMAA/n1hLAA/iyUplB/TM