Hi all,

I agree that YSR has a style of his own. But the amount of lifts he has made seems to be endless. Yes, its agreed that he does nt copy outright like how someone like Deva does. But come on guys... one or two can be inspired, not so many!! One friend posted about a track which he lifted for Pudhupettai from www.raaga.com ads before songs. I agree with it. Its a complete lift! I dont think if he even played it again!!

Also, I urge all of u to listen to "Maiden's Prayer" by a multi-instrumental talent called "Lisa Lynne". Guys... u wont believe until u listen to it that how much YSR copies. The instrumental part of "Kadhal mattum purivadhilai" (Kadhal Kondain), the Theme of 7/G Rainbow Colony, n numerous bgms from Kadhal Kondain (especially the haunting one when Dhanush leaves his hostel)... all can be heard in this Album by "Lisa Lynne". Thats unbelievable how so many tracks of a single artist itself can inspire YSR!!

Its needless to say that he is way ahead of the ever-repetitive Harris in terms of making Music. But whatever it is, please dont compare him with ARR. For god's sake...

Sulaiman A <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi Frienz,

I just want to share one thing with u ..
just dont compare anybody in india with  A R Rahman.
If u want to compare i tell u the comparision here..

ARR - 4 National Awards..almost 100 other awards.
He is successful in tamil,hindi,telugu almost all over india..
wht to say ,he is into english movies also..
but wht about the others like illayaraja,yuvan ,harris ..anybody..
r they able to do  music apart from tamil. ..???
simply saying ARR is International Hero....Others are Local Hero.
Nobody is thr to replace ARR till now.Till his period he is the Genius...

Sudarsan Rengarajan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Yes I agree that Yuvan has been doing some good music recently. His background score for Kandanaalmudhal was extremely good. Lots of inspirations from ARR. He has used a lot of flute. He has got his unique style that works. But I feel sometimes he uses too much of rythm in his songs. A good example being the song 'Kanda Naal Mudalai' from Kandanaalmudhal. He has tried using very fast beats to a Carnatic classic. Somehow the beat doesn't seem to gel with the song. But the SAX interludes are good.

Sudarsan