From: arrahmanfans@yahoogroups.com [mailto:arrahmanfans@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of avyayan
Sent: Saturday, March 04, 2006 8:42 AM
To: arrahmanfans@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [arr] Godfather Audio CD (International Edition) - Kudos!

Just wanted to say a HUGE THANKS to the team behind the international
edition of the Godfather CD. God knows how long we've been waiting for
something like this - that one of our group members (Vijay Iyer,
MASSIVE THANKS!) was involved is extremely heartening. I couldn't wait
to listen to the songs so I went ahead and bought the Indian edition
first, which in its own weird way was attractive (appealing to the
target audience in TN I am sure, though the '8th Wonder of the World'
tag was patently unnecessary - gosh the extent ppl will go to sell
their stuff).

But the International version - God almighty! - I couldnt recognize it
at first on the shelf at Oli's M3 in Singapore, 'cos I was looking for
the usual garish cover; but then, there it was, extreme right of the
first row - stunningly elegant, and oh-so-totally-cool! For the first
time in a long time, I felt good about buying a Tamil audio CD in
Singapore (which usually gets the horribly designed cover versions
from Malaysia). As if the picture of ARR in a trance-like smile on the
back cover was not stunning enough, the superb poster of Rahman behind
the lyric sheet is an invaluable bonus. But let's not forget the
immaculately designed package as a whole - well-chosen fonts, clear,
crisp printing, eye-pleasing colours, cool montages of Ajit, and the
elegant CD label artwork - the whole package looks and feels like a
production from an international record label like Sony-BMG or Warner
Records. A lot of thought has gone into its design, and it shows! So
here's a huge, huge, kudos to those behind it (Sumeru Design house
must be a major fan of ARR to have poured so much love into this
package). I only wish I had a scanner so that everyone can see this
beauty. The manufacturing quality is top-notch (thanks to Agi Music
who seem to be leagues ahead from other Malaysian music labels like
Alai Osai, Five-Star, etc).

At S$12.50, it's considerably underpriced compared to international
CDs which are normally not less than S$18. But I guess the price will
be of some concern to the non-discerning buyer (used to the S$10 or
less Malaysian versions) who may not see much value in the package.
It's a risk, but a justified one. I only hope Agi and KM Musiq make a
tidy profit so that they can keep up the great work. Here's to more
such!

PS. I would hesitate to add this, but I think the 'appeal to respect
copyright' message could be avoided in future productions - it's the
only 'unprofessional' aspect of the CD - but perhaps an understandable
one considering it's the first such production. It takes nothing away
from the wonderful feeling of owning the CD though!

Yahoo! Mail

Yahoo! Mail

Country music artists New music artists New country music artists
Christian music artists Unsigned music artist

Yahoo! Mail

Yahoo! Mail

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS