I reallt am not sayin anything about your criticism or compliments,
but i will say that you should consider research before you assume or
state anything. Find all of the facts before conveying your
information. The greatest test of all time is not an orchestra or a
symphony, who gave that type of music the highest grade? One type of
usic cannot be compared to a complete different kind, they are all
types of art that should be respected differently yet equally. That
is fine is ARR is not your favorite composer , not everyone likes the
same things, but its so not right to have your first post being like
this without even knowing the basis of the group. And let me ask you
what is a composer? The definition of a composer, COMPOSER: a person
who writes music. Go look it up yourself. A R Rahman writes his own
music. does he not?does he copy other peoples music? no so he writes
his own. so he is a composer and a full one at that, because he meets
the definition, does he not? Look man im not tryin to say your
opinion is wrong because opinions cannot be wrong. they are not
facts.if he isnt your favorite, thats fine we are all different. But
you should really do some research on your facts. other than that,
your opinions are always welcome.

--- In arrahmanfans@yahoogroups.com, "rangdebasanti3"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> mr. madhukar,
>              u say u r an arr fan and the first message u post
> criticises him. what kind of a fan u r. what is the meaning of
> complete composer? no one is 'complete'. but surely rahman is
> someone who comes closest to being complete. regarding the
symphony.
> rahman himself had apologised for his failure. that is d greatness
> of the man. i think even u shud show the greatness and apologise
for
> ur mail.
>
> --- In arrahmanfans@yahoogroups.com, Madhukar Srinivasan Iyer
> <yesmadhukar@> wrote:
> >
> > Hi All,
> >  I am a new member from chennai in this group.To be frank, ARR is
> certainly not my 1st favourite MD.He is just one of my favourite
> MD.Accordiong to me, ARR is miles away from becoming a complete
> composer.It has been almost 15 years since he has come in to the
> industry and he is yet to compose a complete symphony.ARR recently
> performed in a renowned london based philharmonic orchestra and to
> our disappointment he hardly impressed anyone as a conductor.ARR
was
> only the 2nd Asian to have performed at the Royal LOndon
> Philharmonic Orchestra after Illayaraaja. Please dont think i am
> just against ARR. ARR himself confessed that he failed miserably as
> a conductor and promised a much better show next time.
> >    Coming to his composing, he has showed his class in a lot of
> songs.His electronic music pleases everyone in this world. But to
me
> music is not only the electronic rhythm, pure orchestration is what
> a best composer strives for.With due credits to ARR, he has
> orchestrated mind blowing pieces.But the amount of orchestration he
> uses as against his usual rhythm is very meagre.Symphonies are all
> about orchestration.As an indian,i would want ARR be known as a
> great composer and conductor because nowadays we can see number of
> music directors coming up with their own electronic rhythms in
> varied styles, but can anyone of you single out a great
orchestrator