J-L have disappointed me big time. I guess this is what makes Rahman
Sir Great, although he is at the top, he never says "I'm THE BEST, my
music sells more than XYZ". He is very hubmle and down to earth
inspite of being one of the best composers of all time. Many have
criticized him, tried to belittle him, but i must say they have
wasted their breath. Rahman Sir is a class apart, and mere words of
frustrated composers are taking nothing away from him.

ash

--- In arrahmanfans@yahoogroups.com, ar rahman djs <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> well i agree that JL ive hits. but can he make a single hit in
Tamil, Telugu, or Hollywood?
>   the answer 4 this question will be the answer for this topic. all
of u knows that Rahman can make hits in all of these languages even
Chinese....hehe. hw  long they gonna keep selling the KKHH. i hope
all of u can find the diff between these movies. keep in ur mind that
the movie itself contribute to the sales of the album. is KKHH is a
terrorist based movie like Dil Se?....come on guys Dil Se is a much
more harder subject than the lovely KKHH.

>   If their music speaks. Rahman anna's music can sing, can make ppl
get crazed, with make ur mouth watering buddy. hehe...lol. more over.
Jatin & Lalit. can u imagine if both of them separated. OMG. i cant
imagine it. lol

>   Kumar
>   AR Rahman DJs
>   Malaysia
>

> Ajit <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>           Why does it even matter what JL said many years back?
They're not
> even together today. ARR is still going strong. And, yes, KKHH did
> sell more than Dil Se. Does that mean it's a better soundtrack than
> Dil Se? Only an opinion, not a fact, can answer that.
>
> --- In arrahmanfans@yahoogroups.com, Gopal Srinivasan <catchgops@>
> wrote:
> >
> > I guess what people are taking offense to, are these lines
> > > "Just because we don't wear our hair long and keep producers
> > waiting
> > > outside our door we haven't been acknowledged as No 1 yet," the
> > > brothers complain rightaway, and then assert, "But our music
speaks"
> > > for itself. We're the best."
> > and not their assertion that KKHH sold more than Dil Se.., which
it
> indeed did.

Pehla

> > nasha, all songs from DDLJ, Khamoshi, Ghulam, Sarfaroosh, Chalte
> >
> > Chalte, Yes Boss, and all the way to Fannah -- they have some
> >
> > impressive line up of gems. And something JL really brought to
> >
> > Bollywood was the youth feel combined with RDBurman touches, to
> >
> > provide very up-beat and feel good music. And as far as the genre
of

> > marriage numbers is concerned, Jatin Lalit do take the cake with
> >
> > bringing in a new dimension to that.
> >

> > It is indeed unfortunate for Bollywood to have lost this talented
duo

> > to personal conflicts. However, lets not forget their
contribution to

<rk_rathinam@ ...>

> > wrote:
> >

> > > Look at happened to these people (Jatin-Lalit) who spoke ill of
AR

> > > Rahman...their music speaks for itself, it seems...today they
both

> > > are not in speaking terms...LOL. ..just kidding...
> >

> > > THE HIT MEN
> >
> > > Jatin-Lalit stake their claim to fame
> >

> > > Sangeeta Mahadevan
> >

> > > The mood's militant. And why not? After all Jatin-Lalit have
> >
> > > composed the music for five hits this year - Pyaar Kiya To
Darna

> > > Kya, Jab Pyaar Kisise Hota Hai, Ghulam, Pyaar To Hona Hi Tha
and

> > > Kuch Kuch Hota Hai.
> >
> > > "Just because we don't wear our hair long and keep producers
> >
> > waiting
> >
> > > outside our door we haven't been acknowledged as No 1 yet," the
> >
> > > brothers complain rightaway, and then assert, "But our music
speaks

> > > for itself. We're the best." At this very moment, Jatin-Lalit
are

> > in
> >
> > > the midst of finalising tunes for Aditya Chopra's next, which
is

> > > scheduled to start some time in February-March' 99. And they've
also

> > > been signed on for Shah Rukh Khan-Juhi Chawla's joint
production,

> > > for which they've just recorded a song. Patting themselves on
their

> > > back, the duo says, "Every TV channel has our title song for
Kuch

> > > Kuch Hota Hai. Some months ago, Aati kya Khandala from Ghulam
> >
> > almost
> >
> > > became the national anthem. Apparently tourism in Khandala has
gone

> > > up by 30 per cent after the song." They assent to the fact that
the

> > > songs of Kuch Kuch Hota Hai picked up only after the film's
> >
> > > release. "That's because the songs are situational. People had
> >
> > > see the film for the music to grow on them," says
Jatin. "However

> > we
> >
> > > knew we had a major hit on our hands, because at the premiere
> >
> > > itself, we got a standing ovation from the industry. Check with
the

> > > music distributors. Kuch Kuch albums have sold more than AR
> >
> > Rahman's
> >
> > > Dil Se."
> >

> > > Jatin-Lalit both see red when I point out that Karan Johar and
his

> > > buddies made a major contribution to the music of KKHH. News is
> >
> > that
> >
> > > the popular title track is actually a tune conceived by actor
Jugal

> > > Hunsraj. "No one can take away the entire credit due to us,"
the

> > duo
> >
> > > retort. "We admit that Jugal did contribute a little to the
title

> > > song but the entire tune is not his."
> >

> > > Evading the topic, they emphasise that they've delivered with
the

> > > other flicks of the year. "We also came up with excellent music
for

> > > Khamoshi and Yes Boss," they stress. "If we were flukes then we
> >
> > > couldn't have fooled the industry for so long. Really it's so
very

> > > frustrating to justify one's worth to the media. Just because
we

> > > don't scream from the rooftops about how good we are, you guys
> >
> > don't
> >
> > > take us seriously." The duo have also just completed work on
Kundan

> > > Shah's Loveria, Sanjay Chhel's Khubsoorat, John Mathew's
Sarfarosh

> > > and Sunny Deol's Dillagi. Wonder whose idea it was to rope in
Aamir

> > > Khan to sing for Ghulam and Jatin-Lalit say, "It was Vikram
Bhatt's

> > > idea. On our way to Film City one day Aamir sang a number which
he

> > > wooed his wife Reena with. We asked him to give playback for
Aati

> > > kya Khandala because there was so much emotion and warmth in
his

> > > voice. But even we couldn't have imagined that the song would
> >
> > become
> >
> > > so popular."
> >

> > > The composers have been composing music mainly for the movies
of

> > > Shah Rukh, Aamir and Salman. "But that doesn't mean that we
don't

> > > give our best for Ajay Devgan, Sanjay Dutt or Sunny Deol," they
> >
> > > insist. "Music doesn't know any barriers. A good tune just
happens.

> > > Even if we tried, we couldn't do a Khamoshi again. Every song
in

> > the
> >
> > > film was memorable.' They're staunch RD Burman fans. "It's sad
that

> > > the industry didn't give him his due in the last few years of
his

> > > life," Lalit laments. "I wish Panchamda had been around when
1942-A

> > > Love Story was released. Its music still haunts us." "We don't
> >
> > > believe in imposing our favourites on producers like some other
> >
> > > composers do," Lalit thunders. "Jatin sings extremely well.
He's

> > > even bringing out a private album as a singer. But we don't
force

> > > film-makers to use Jatin's voice. Our sister Vijayeta sings
> >
> > > beautifully, too.
> >

> > > She even does her riyaaz regularly. Yet we don't force
producers to

> > > give her songs." And what about badi didi Sulakshana? Talk is
that

> > > she's out of work...and is upset by the fact that even her own
> >
> > > brothers haven't stood by her? "Sulakshana has lost her touch,"
> >
> > says
> >
> > > Lalit. "As brothers, we'd like to help her out. But we cannot
harm

> > > our career by insisting on her. "We're cool with everyone,"
they

> > > say, mentioning the names of Udit Narayan, Abhijeet, Alka
Yagnik