Hi guys
Its me again.
(Throughout this messege, GURU means the movie name, and Guru means
Ahishek, the charecter.)

Well i do not know from where to start.
My friends were surprised to hell after watching me watching the
movie with my cap on my face in most of the scenes, especially
during the song "Raat ka shauk hai".

But i could not help it.
There were two potential things that were obstructing me from
concentrating on background music, Rajiv Menon's camera and
performnace of the actors.
So finally i decided not to look at the screen as much as possible.

Well well well, if i say that after Abhiskek, Rahman's BGM is the
second hero of the movie, it won't be wrong.

The crtitcs who have said in some reviews that many of the songs in
GURU are not upto standard, i can only pray that god better blesses
them with some knowledge and understanding of good music.

I have also read many times that A R Rahman is weak in terms of
background score, well they must have had their answers after
watching GURU.

To explain the quality of Rahman' BGM, i must compare it with Sachin
Tendulkar's boundries. Well every player can score a four in cricket
but sachin's four is always very very elegent and a treat to watch.
Similarly, every musician can provide the background score but
Rahman' background score is very very elegent. Even the best
background scores can not stand in front of rahman's BGM.
Well i have facts to prove my statement. Following are my
observations regarding GURU's BGM:

1. Rahman's understanding of the script of the movie is marvellous
and he has provided the music accordingly. He exactly knows where to
stop, where to be loud and where to be slow. Whenever Guru needs to
show determination, the music is loud with drums of heaven. (Rahman
has become the master of the drums over these years. Remember Swades
theme, and Dcoit Duel from WOHE. Well GURU's background song Dhoom
Dhadaka is next in row.). On the contrary Whenever Guru dreams in
the movie, the music is very peacefull.

2. In first half of GURU, most of the background music is not at
very high volume and is very very melodious. While in second half
BGM becomes more and more vibrant, loud and passionate.

3. It looks like Mani Ratnam and Rahman had long long sittings
disscussing the BGM of the movie. Because there are many scenes in
the movie which are entirely depended on Background music.
A R Rahman is nothing but a genious. He has used Dhoom Dhadaka song
very very nicely. This song represents the power, determination and
strength of Guru. In the beggining when Guru was starting gaining
base and power, Rahman used this song at low volume and just used
some of the beats. Later on when Guru became more and more strong,
the song was also getting louder and full beats were used. Also this
song became the symbol of Guru's presence. Rember when Mithun's car
was attacked, mani ratnam did not need to show that its done by
Guru. Rahman just played Dhoom Dhadaka beats and audience understood
the presence of Guru behind the attack. Though things turned out
other way later on and Guru was not involved in attack.

4. There is a special song, or background piece for every charecter
in the movie and also for every potential emotion, there is a
particular BGM piece. For example:

  A) All the romantic scenes between Guru and Sujata have the
song "E harath-e-aashiqi" in the background.

  B) To express the emotions of Aishwarya, there is always the slow
fulte version of song "Barso re". I forgot where, but at a
particular scene between Guru and Sujat there is a very very good
slow Mouth Organ version of Barso re song. Very very elegent.

  C) To express the emotions of Vidya Balan, there is always "Raat
ka shauk hai" song. We must found about the singer coz the song has
been sung very beautifully.

  D) I do not need to write about Dhoom Dhadaka song as BGM, coz
everyone must have heard it very loudly and passionatly.

  E) Did you guys notice Aishwarya was also humming with the two
little girls during "Jagein hain" version in Hospital.

  F) It was a treat listening the songs in the dolby digital system.
I can not express in words.

  G) Since the first scene (rahman singing while the screen is
blank) to the last scene (when movie ends with jagein hain song at
the background), rahman's BGM was life of the movie.

  H) BGM was so embedded with every situation and is so natural that
many times it was very difficult to notice that there is any  music
running at the background.

Anyway guys that's all i remeber,
since last 4 days i have watched GUTU everyday here in Sydney.
I noticed that number of people watching the movie incresed everyday.
Monday evening was the greatest rush.
That clearly means that movie is commercially a hit and is gaining
momentum everyday.

PRAVINDER SHEORAN.