its ok if you talk about ar but plz stop comparing him to Illairaaja.
If you want to know the reason try listening to tamil music from 50s
till now and u will know the difference. stop degrading others. true
ar fan won't do that. And bye the way ar's music is very much
influenced by Dr Alban and Maddonna. Don't believe me, listen first.

--- In arrahmanfans@yahoogroups.com, "Thulasi Ram" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> yup... ARR is no way related to IR in musical terms except the fact
that
> both of them are musical directors. ARR's approach was 100% unique.
he got
> rid of some monotonic use of instruments that IR was constantly
using
> (according to me IT SUCKED BIG TIME & i hate them).. ARR gave a new
touch
> even to village woven story and songs.. take for example uzhavan,
karuthama,
> kizhaku seemaiylae, tajmahal... ARR's touch in any album is just
extra
> ordinary and brilliant; and most importantly NOT like the previous
ageMD's..

> remember the filmfare's encomiums on ARR: Every music director in
this age
> is definitely a clone of ARR.
> and not the viceversa..
>

> On 3/4/07, kanchi143 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> >   I am strongly opposing your comment.
> >
> > First main thing is, IR is not a relative for ARR. Second thing
is,
> > ARR came up his own talent and credits. ARR doesnt know anybody in
> > the industry other than IR initially.
> >
> > But GVP case is different, hes a close relative of ARR. do you
know
> > how many GVPs are there without getting a chance.
> >
> > GVP cant entered in this field without ARRs fame. Why shankar gave
> > him a chance, bcos he knows GVP thru ARR and additional thing is
his
> > relative. and he worked anniyan etc..,
> >
> > so basically hes a known guy to shankar due to ARR. Once shankar
> > utilised him in his movie, then others started using him.
> >
> > i am not saying GVP is bad or something, hes doing good. we have
> > wish him to grow bcos hes from our boss family.
> >
> > but our concern is, he should express his inspiration in the
> > interview. i am once again saying hes here in the industry (200%)
> > definetly due to inspiration of ARR. he didnt expressed that in
the
> > interview. that was our disappointment.
> >
> > --- In arrahmanfans@yahoogroups.com <arrahmanfans%
40yahoogroups.com>, Sam