http://www.ndtvmusic.com/story.asp?id=6120

*Rehman to tap talent amongst the disabled*

Two disabled vocalists are lucky to get an opportunity to sing with music
director AR Rehman.

While Rehman has brought many new faces to the music, he is now keen to tap
the musical talent of disabled persons.

It's an annual ability award that recognises the spirit of achievement by
disabled people, but Rahman proved a point.

While his concert mesmerised the audience, the vocalists who accompanied him
were two disabled artists. Rehman says he is now determined to tap the
musical talent among the disabled.

"I think in India there are scores of such talented artists. I want to spot
at least two such artists every year," said Rehman.

"The disability has not affected the motivation of the award winners," said
M Karunanidhi, Chief Minister, Tamil Nadu.

For the award winners it was an opportunity to inspire other disabled people
and to motivate them to dream beyond their personal triumph.

"There might be obstacles, but if we have the determination we can overcome
all," said Anjali Arora, Ability Award Winner.

"Life is not counting on what we don't have but looking at what we have,"
said Neha Bansal, Ability Award Winner.

The spirit of the award has a message for all that often disability is not
in the body but in the mind.