Video:
http://www.ibnlive.com/videos/35131/rahman-inspires-disabled-singers.html

News:
http://www.ibnlive.com/news/rahman-inspires-disabled-singers/35131-8.html

*Chennai:* Veteran music director A R Rahman performed at Cavinkare Ability
Awards in Chennai, an annual event that recognises talents of the disabled
people.

"If they focus, they can perform better than normal people. It doesn't
matter if they are visually impaired or suffer from other disability. They
can deliver better than a normal person," said Rahman.

The young talented singers felt encouraged with Rahman's words. "When I got
to know that I was supposed to sing with him, it was a pleasant surprise. It
was like a dream come true," said a visually Impaired participant Heeru
Chandnani.

However, the musical maestro was cagey when asked about his plans for the
differently-abled singers. "There are lot of plans, I won't say anything,"
said Rahman.

The event was also attended by Tamil Nadu CM M Karunanidhi and film actress
Revathi. It was definitely a night to remember for the special people, who
felt it was a dream opportunity.