rocking topic. well said pavan. totally agree with you. that's ARRs magic.
it has a mass and an universal appeal.

On 4/3/07, $*$ PaVaN $*$ <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

  I now understand why producers ,directors ,actors want to have rahman in
there movies,especially in big budget movies.
Ofcourse,the music he gives is priceless,but also the coverage the movie
will get when you have someone like rahman in the team.

The way sivaji music has been shown in media,some in national news
channels like CNN - IBN,Star ,and ofcourse countless websites.

Well,When chandramukhi released there was not such coverage,Even when
anniyan released there were news in websites how the audio has received
lukewarm response and all those kind of stuffs.

Yes i do agree that Its a dream team of Shankar - Rahman - Rajini , but i
doubt if this movie's music wud have got the converage if there was any
other person as music director.

Also note that Rajini may be well known place among tamils and most of the
indians.Shankar is still to make himself popular beyond the South
India.But if you need your music to be heard not only by tamils,but also
by the indians all over the world,then it shud have rahman..Even those who
dont understand hindi will buy the Cassets & CD's -- Reason - For Rahman -
80% and rest for hype it has created.

Thats why i feel Anyone else than Rahman is a Comprimise.

And also,wat rahman creates is a universal music,irrespective of the
language.Even if the sivaji songs are gonna be dubbed in hindi,its gonna
be rage everywhere.And who knows some may even be used by Rahman in his
hollywood works,just like Shakalaka Baby.

Thats the Power of Rahman.

As fans of such a powefull man,wat one important lesson we can learn from
him in our life is "Whatever success you get,never let it get into your
head, then only your feet will be firmly in the ground"

Love ARR !!!!

Regds

Pavan

<http://www.mymailsignature.com/>