Aaah...my mistake:-)
I myself took only the jist of the article.  It is something even I
feel is the reason that has killed the quality of music.  As far as
Rahman not being creative, if Rahman is not creative, I don't know
what MD in India today is?!  Geniuses like Rahman and Ilayaraja are
a rarity.  Who in the world could come up with a score like Roja in
his first film itself?!!!  I wasted my time thinking that the
article was justifiable, which it is, but his last sentence is not.

Personally, I found Kavitha Krishnamurthy's argument stuck in my
head more, and I can understand that more.  But I agree with the
criticism that half-backed singers are a doom for the playback
industry.

Coming to Rahman, admittedly he did bring these technologies.  I
have cringed at some of the singing of his singers.  But for all
that, there is no one who was introduced in the last 15 years, with
creativity of Rahman.

--- In arrahmanfans@yahoogroups.com, "Anil Nair" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> Well ..I did understand the jist of the article and what he
intends to
> bring out but ....the section where he writes ...and I quote
>
> "Dearth of calibre in both singers and music directors is
responsible
> for this de-generation. AR Rahman is responsible for introducing
this
> shoddy practice of cutting and pasting words haphazardly in a
song. He
> tried it in Muqabala and hasn't stopped since. Frankly, Rehman has
no
> creative acumen."
>
> If this isn't a direct criticism ...then what is ? Rahman and no
> creativity ? wow .....thats new .... he indeed is too frank :-)
>
> Am I correct in stating (rather analysing) that Rahman has never
had
> Abhijeet sing a song for him ? could that be the reason for these
> statements ?
>
> :-))
>
> -A
>

> --- In arrahmanfans@yahoogroups.com, "jana_k3" <kskajan@> wrote:
> >
> > I don't think there is a dig. He has given his opinion that
Rahman
> > brought in untrained singers, who's mistakes were corrected with
> > technology. But whatever Rahman does has caught on like virus to
> > other music directors...let alone that others are not as
dedicated or
> > creative as Rahman. Singers and music directors think only of
money.
> > Very few are entirely in love with music such that they would
dedicate
> > time for it exclusively. It's become an industry of glamour,
fame and
> > money.
> >
> > --- In arrahmanfans@yahoogroups.com, "Anil Nair" rhythmcalls@
> > wrote: