He doesn't have a back up for his unreleased work!!!
  that's really difficult to believe.

  Hoping and wishing sincerely that he gets back his laptop very soon.
  Guess how traumatic an experience this might be.

satish_srini <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

By Prasun Sonwalkar. London, England, 08:00 PM IST

A laptop containing new compositions of popular Indian music composer
A.R. Rahman is part of a bag that went missing when he arrived here
Monday night for the theatrical version of 'Lord of the Rings'
scheduled for Tuesday night.

Rahman arrived at the Heathrow airport from Washington after a
successful performance in the US, but was stunned to discover that one
of two bags checked in were missing. The missing bag contains his
laptop as well as designer clothes.

He said as he frantically called British Airways to inquire about his
missing baggage: 'I don't know what to feel, I don't know what to say.
I am very confused. I am disturbed. I have lost my laptop containing
the whole data of my work and music.'

He added that the laptop contained his new compositions as well. He
was supposed to wear the designer clothes for the 'Lord of the Rings'
musical.

A spokesman of British Airways told IANS that Rahman should contact
the airline with his details. 'After he contacts us, we will do
everything possible in our power to get the missing bag back.'

The West End production of 'The Lord of the Rings' is scheduled to
open Tuesday evening at the Theatre Royal, Drury Lane, in Covent Garden.

Based on the hugely popular trilogy of novels by J.R.R. Tolkien, it
features direction by Matthew Warchus, book and lyrics by Shaun
McKenna and Matthew Warchus, and music by Rahman and Varttina with
Christopher Nightingdale

Parvez Alam, editor of India-EU Film Initiative, told IANS that 'Lord
of the Rings' is the most expensive musical ever staged outside Las
Vegas, and the first major stage adaptation of Tolkien's classic trilogy.

Rahman's music in collaboration with Varttina, exhilarating
choreography, remarkable staging and stunning design will combine to
transform Drury Lane into Tolkien's Middle-earth in a mesmerising and
spectacular theatrical event featuring an ensemble of over 70 actors,
singers and musicians.

Alam said that this was the second musical by Rahman after the success
of Andrew Lloyd Webber's 'Bollywood Dreams'.

Reports say that the adaptation was savaged by many critics when it
opened in Toronto last year. Cut and substantially rewritten, it has
cost 25 million pounds to bring it to London, making it the most
expensive musical ever staged outside Las Vegas.

According to reports, the new version was applauded by the audience at
a preview in London.

This follows the 70th anniversary of Tolkien starting to write the
trilogy and the 50th anniversary of the publication of the complete
trilogy, 'The Fellowship of the Ring', 'The Two Towers' and 'The
Return of the King'.

By Prasun Sonwalkar (Staff Writer, © IANS)

http://www.indiaenews.com/europe/20070619/56808.htm

 Once upon a time there was 1 GB storage on Yahoo! Mail. Click here for happy
ending!