Gopal,

Agreed that NETAJI version was the INA anthem, but so is our current
Jana Gana Mana. As we list Rahman's JanaGanaMana as HIS
interpretation / composition, so also can we accept the INA version
as Rahman's interpretation of that anthem, hence his composition ?

We will have to wait till the DVD of NETAJI is available. Any idea
when it will be released ?

Dinesh Vaidya
Pune

--- In arrahmanfans@yahoogroups.com, Gopal Srinivasan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> Will following 2 entries qualify to be part of your list ?
>
> 1. In Netaji Subhashchandra Bose > When Netaji reaches Germany and
he
> forms the INA, they sing "a" national anthem similar to Jana Gana
> Mana under the new flag shown with tiger. This anthem has slightly
> different tune and also the lyrics are different. I am told, this
> version was indeed used by the INA as their anthem. Does this count
> as one entry in your list ?
>

> If it was a version used by the INA as their anthem, then it
wouldn't be an ARR composition, would it?

> 2. In Guru > The song "TERE BINA" is not picturised complete but
only
> one couplet / stanza and sung by Rahman. These words are not
> reflected in the cassette / CD release, but appears in the movie
> only. Again, will this count as one entry in your list ?
>
> The song Tere Bina is picturised completely in the movie. However,
it does begin with the couplet that you refer to. I was just waiting
to get hold of the lyrics before including it. IRR, it begins with
a 'Laage...'