i prefer to call rehman as bill gates of music & i m speechless to c how he
uses d technology.... all these melodyne & some other technique which v read
recently ( (:-( c m not able to reproduce d term what it is...) it is not just
easy to observe & grasp things to learn quickly.... but he goes beyond
limitation to know abt gadgets, buy it, analyses it & master d skills to use it
intelligently...... he is really a gifted person & cannot b compared with any
other music directors so far india had seen..... i feel he is d first ruling
india internationally in music this much & is master crafts man with hi-fi
skills...... the phrase TECHNICALLY SOUND is apt to him......... have 2 wait &
c what all he will introduce new tecniques in d coming years...... when it is
hard to find time even to make up d projects he has taken, really wondering
where he finds time in between to learn more abt gadgets & technology.......
mmmmm....... yaengaeyO pOyiteenga......  rehman himself would
 find hard to believe abt him, how he had achieved this much ?? i understand
that is why he always refer to god as only by HIM it is possible for
him........  :-)

Praba <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

            A. R. Rahman  Bollywood's finest
   A key moment in A.R. Rahman's life: he met one of India's most famous
directors, Mani Ratnam, who asked him to compose the music for his next film,
"Roja" (1992). The rest, as they say, is history. He went on to compose several
great hits for Tamil-language films before composing the score and songs for
his first Hindi-language film, "Rangeela" (1995). The enormous success of his
first Hindi venture was followed by the chart-topping soundtrack albums of
films such as "Bombay" (1995), "Taal" (1999), and "Lagaan: Once Upon a Time in
India" (2001), which was nominated for best foreign-language film at the 2002
Academy Awards. He also worked with Sir Andrew Lloyd Webber and Shekhar Kapur
(director of "Elizabeth") on a musical called "Bombay Dreams".

  What have been some recent productions of you and how have they been
recorded?
  Well, "Warriors of Heaven and Earth", "Provoked" and "The Rising" are amongst
the movie projects, I completed in recent times.
  We have just opened our new facility, called AM studios, a few months ago. We
were initially recording at the older place on an Euphonix System 5 with
Genelec monitors. The Euphonix has now been moved to the new film mixing room
designed by Studio 440. At the new recording room we have installed a Neve 88R.
A major portion of my forthcoming projects, "Rang De Basanti" and "Provoked"
were done at the new facility. Logic is our main workstation, which works in
combination with Digidesign hardware.

  On what projects are you working at the moment?
  Currently, I'm just about wrapping up "Rang de Basanti" and "Provoked" in
India, whilst I'm in the final stages for "The Lord of the Rings", a theater
adaptation in Toronto.

  Did you use Melodyne on these projects? In which songs, in which particular
moment?
  Sure, used it mostly on vocal tracks of "Rang de Basanti", in aim of creating
fresh harmonies, reducing quivers, pitch correction etc.

  How did Melodyne change the way you work with audio files?
  Well, we have been using Melodyne for most of the vocal corrections, but I
also like fooling around with it, making harmonies and things like that. I
think Melodyne is an ideal and very transparent solution for this. We also
tried to make percussion sound bigger with it, using transpose and stacking
functions.

  How is your workflow with Melodyne?
  We are right now importing files into Melodyne, working on them and exporting
them back to Logic. I am looking forward to the next version, which will help
me a lot. Then I'll use the Melodyne Bridge on MacOS X Tiger.

  What do you like especially about Melodyne?
  I enjoy the flexibility, transparency and the many ways in which Melodyne
surprises us!

  With Regards,
  Prabakar Ramalingam

--
You are what your deepest desire is. As you desire, so is your intention. As
your intention, so is your will. As is your will so is your deed. As is your

--The Upanishads

Boardwalk for $500? In 2007? Ha!