it is much harder to use melodyne with carnatic sangathis etc
because there are many notes in a sangathi and correcting that is
really hard. hats off to him....

--- In arrahmanfans@yahoogroups.com, Sarathy S <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

>   i prefer to call rehman as bill gates of music & i m speechless
to c how he uses d technology.... all these melodyne & some other
technique which v read recently ( (:-( c m not able to reproduce d
term what it is...) it is not just easy to observe & grasp things to
learn quickly.... but he goes beyond limitation to know abt gadgets,
buy it, analyses it & master d skills to use it intelligently......
he is really a gifted person & cannot b compared with any other
music directors so far india had seen..... i feel he is d first
ruling india internationally in music this much & is master crafts
man with hi-fi skills...... the phrase TECHNICALLY SOUND is apt to
him......... have 2 wait & c what all he will introduce new
tecniques in d coming years...... when it is hard to find time even
to make up d projects he has taken, really wondering where he finds
time in between to learn more abt gadgets & technology.......
mmmmm....... yaengaeyO pOyiteenga......  rehman himself would
>  find hard to believe abt him, how he had achieved this much ?? i
understand that is why he always refer to god as only by HIM it is
possible for him........  :-)

> Praba <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>             A. R. Rahman  Bollywood's finest
>    A key moment in A.R. Rahman's life: he met one of India's most
famous directors, Mani Ratnam, who asked him to compose the music
for his next film, "Roja" (1992). The rest, as they say, is history.
He went on to compose several great hits for Tamil-language films
before composing the score and songs for his first Hindi-language
film, "Rangeela" (1995). The enormous success of his first Hindi
venture was followed by the chart-topping soundtrack albums of films
such as "Bombay" (1995), "Taal" (1999), and "Lagaan: Once Upon a
Time in India" (2001), which was nominated for best foreign-language
film at the 2002 Academy Awards. He also worked with Sir Andrew
Lloyd Webber and Shekhar Kapur (director of "Elizabeth") on a
musical called "Bombay Dreams".

>   What have been some recent productions of you and how have they
been recorded?
>   Well, "Warriors of Heaven and Earth", "Provoked" and "The
Rising" are amongst the movie projects, I completed in recent times.
>   We have just opened our new facility, called AM studios, a few
months ago. We were initially recording at the older place on an
Euphonix System 5 with Genelec monitors. The Euphonix has now been
moved to the new film mixing room designed by Studio 440. At the new
recording room we have installed a Neve 88R. A major portion of my
forthcoming projects, "Rang De Basanti" and "Provoked" were done at
the new facility. Logic is our main workstation, which works in
combination with Digidesign hardware.

>   On what projects are you working at the moment?
>   Currently, I'm just about wrapping up "Rang de Basanti"
and "Provoked" in India, whilst I'm in the final stages for "The
Lord of the Rings", a theater adaptation in Toronto.

>   Did you use Melodyne on these projects? In which songs, in which
particular moment?
>   Sure, used it mostly on vocal tracks of "Rang de Basanti", in
aim of creating fresh harmonies, reducing quivers, pitch correction
etc.

>   How did Melodyne change the way you work with audio files?
>   Well, we have been using Melodyne for most of the vocal
corrections, but I also like fooling around with it, making
harmonies and things like that. I think Melodyne is an ideal and
very transparent solution for this. We also tried to make percussion
sound bigger with it, using transpose and stacking functions.

>   How is your workflow with Melodyne?
>   We are right now importing files into Melodyne, working on them
and exporting them back to Logic. I am looking forward to the next
version, which will help me a lot. Then I'll use the Melodyne Bridge
on MacOS X Tiger.

>   What do you like especially about Melodyne?
>   I enjoy the flexibility, transparency and the many ways in which
Melodyne surprises us!

>   With Regards,
>   Prabakar Ramalingam
>

> --
> You are what your deepest desire is. As you desire, so is your
intention. As your intention, so is your will. As is your will so is
your deed. As is your deed, so is your destiny.

> --The Upanishads

> Boardwalk for $500? In 2007? Ha!
Yahoo! Games.