Hi All...

To say that 'Rahman has never copied' is not that right...

There are some instances where he has lifted or been inspired by other
musical works and tunes and has used it in his compositions.

One such example is the Airtel tune. It is lifted from a song by the
maestro Ilayaraja for the film: "Devadai"

This link has that song...
http://tamilcinema.dk/songs/songview.asp?songid=1234

There is a chorus line which goes:
"Muthu muthu sirippu..." (2 or 3 lines)

and then...
"Pakkathile neruppaa..." (2 or 3 lines)

Another example: The song "O Bhaavre..." (Daud) is inspired from the
song "O Saathi Re..."

Thanks.
Chandra

--- In arrahmanfans@yahoogroups.com, || V i s h w e s h ||
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Was that a publicity stunt!!??
>
> Roshan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> Ok.. that sounds pretty similar..
> so, he might have just used it.
>

>   On 7/31/07, Sunil VG <[EMAIL PROTECTED] > wrote:             I'm
attaching what MIGHT be the sample this composer ;-) is talking about.
Have a listen and judge for yourself. For those of you who cannot see
the attachment, I've copied the same to the files section:

> Its called "da_nu_rnb_hiphop2.mp3".
>
> Regards,
> Sunil
>

>   On 7/30/07, shahul hameed <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Actually Mr Krishna.. thou u point out saying u werent against Rahman
using de sample, what was de need for such a subject line? "Munbe
Munbe Vaa is a complete lift of a sample!" I guess this is what has
triggered so many responses..