Hi Karthik!

These are my observations to what you have written.

>"tell me Mr. Brain, why would some one search a song and just use a
10 second sequence from a song to compose some thing which is now a
historic tune..."

Many have similarly accused Harris Jeyaraj for the same thing. The
song was "Mudhal Kanavae" where there was JUST ONE bit resembling the
LEO coffee ad - which too is damn historic.

> Just see the tempo of the Muththu Muththu sirippu part and the
airtel tune....

It is not a 'direct' lift. The Airtel tune is a tune which resembles
another tune. In short - it is not an original work. Only Rahman can
say with absolute certainty whether he copied it or not. What we say
are just opinions and observations...

But it is definitely frustrating when you come to know that a tune we
love so much was already composed by someone else much earlier...

> Just because some bald fellow comments in aTV program (Baski in
Vijay TV), do not vomit the same thing here again.

Whats wrong with that? Don't we share good things? Some go to the
extent of copying the audio/video itself (which is sometimes illegal)
and putting it on the net for sharing.

But calling names and pointing fingers on someone like you have done
is what is disturbing.

> This makes me why , why did IR use this part of the tune (muthu
muthu sirippu...in a song where the original starting tune is
different as it goes "deepankal pesum".....

This has to do with creativity. "Sahana" had thiruppavai lyrics in a
different tune! "Sarfarosh ki tamanna" from TLOBS has a change in
tempo! Many such Rahman masterpieces can be quoted but for the lack of
time and space.

Thanks and regards.
Chandra.