Praba or anyone else & whoever want 2 prove rehman too uses loops & samples &
does that.... OK... when rehman asks to see oasis some refuse 2 look only 2
mirage... it is like saying...... suppose rehman did civil engineering & he
plans 4 a building with d available materials in d world like sand, cement,
water, brick, glass, pvc, wood, steel & tools with men to assist..... but....
but... with his own creativity does architectural design to deliver a building
beautifully out ot these above said materials...... result is building looks
awesome & gives unusual look than other builders....... nobody misses dat
building...... when this is d case it is now 4 some 2 expect him do a building
without using any of these materials...... some new strange stuff like oxygen
or with gold, silver, diamonds & crystals.... is not that sounds strange....
these pple r looking for mirage...  these loops & samples etc.. etc.. etc.. do
not prevent anyone to listen & enjoy rehman's
 delivers........ why a

  big fuss abt lifts & inspirations... unless otherwise d composers sue others
to imitate their sounds entirely....... it is clear these usages are part &
parcel of every MD in this world & not just India....... main factor reg.
rehman is d combination he uses & provides music in an unusual, uncommon way, a
feast & dats wat special abt him to distinguish him as a talented composer.....
why cannot some accept this truth.... whatever he does is different to other
Indian composers in terms of sounds & is musical treat...... if some going to
argue there r few MDs who sounds like rehman mean the credit is only 4
rehman...... he is the one who introduced new trends & new sounds in music
technically & others follow such ways to survive.........

Praba <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

            Audio Samples Used by ARR:

Rahman is the first person who used a lot of samples in his songs and the
second person is Ranjit Barot. Ranjit used to work with rahman and Ranjit
programmed drums in HUMMA HUMMA. Now everybody is using samples in mumbai
(Salim-Sulaiman, Sandeep Sherodker, jacky, inderjeet sharma, ram sampat &
sandeep chowta) if you guys think that how can sandeep chowta make sound like
rahman? there are samples.

Here are some examples:

1] Shabba Shabba [Daud] with african voices? Those are samples not real
africans voices.

2] Spanish claps in Jumbalika [Thakshak]? Samples again.

3] Chinese vocals in Latka [Hindustani]? Its a chinese sample from the cd
(SPECTRASONICS HEART OF ASIA)

4] Killer drum beats in rangeela songs? Drum samples from the cd (BEST SERVICE
XXL 1500) and its a long list.

5] Final beats of Mukkala Muqabla [Kadhalan] sounds like dr.alban africa.
Samples again.

6] Beats in Mangta Hai Kya [Rangeela]

7] Early bands like Deep Forest and some Euro techno bands used this concept a
lot. Thats why title sound of Thillana Thillana [Muthu] sounds like Deep forest
songs

There are many other samples rahman used in many of his songs. It is not
copying just using a commercially available samples!

  Source: Rahman's Blogspot

  Prabakar Ramalingam

  On 8/1/07, jibandevta <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:             Among ARR's
thousands comostions ,let us say that he has used 30
samplesto the max...What abut remaining compositions?
Those are his pure 'GENIUS' and 'MASTERWORKS'

nobody is thinking on this line..!!!

so plz put an end to this topic

-- In arrahmanfans@yahoogroups.com, manikandan gangadhar
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Please put an end to this topic and the irritating
> Subject....please put an
> end...please..daivusaingee...daiveituu..daya
> chaiyandi...shama chaiyu.
>

> --- Tapey3 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > I recently bought Final Cut Studio, which comes with
> > a program called
> > Soundtrack and a collection of samples loops. While
> > I was going
> > through the loops, I noticed several that ARR has
> > used in songs. The
> > piano intro to Khoon Chala from RDB, the opening
> > beats of Thazhuvudu
> > from Aa Aah, the cello piece from Nenjam Ellam in
> > AE, and a few
> > others. While I understand that composers use
> > loops, it does
> > disappoint me a little when I find out that a clever
> > bit of music I
> > admired is a sample. At least ARR is clever and he
> > isn't just
> > throwing loops together. He composes the vast
> > majority of any given
> > song and uses the loops creatively.
> >
> > --- In arrahmanfans@yahoogroups.com, "VijayNarain"
> > <r_vijaynarain@>
> > wrote:
> > >
> > > I suggest we put an end to this topic, now that
> > everyone knows Krishna
> > > is an aspiring music director. Hope you're happy
> > with the attention
> > > you got in this group. Next time, try television.
> > As for the samples,
> > > its still the same!! Samples are meant to be used,
> > and will be and
> > > should be, and it will never amount to
> > plagiarism!!!
> > > VIjaynarain R

Yahoo! FareChase.

--
You are what your deepest desire is. As you desire, so is your intention. As
your intention, so is your will. As is your will so is your deed. As is your

--The Upanishads

Sick sense of humor? Visit Yahoo! TV's Comedy with an Edge to see what's on,
when.