ha ha ha ha ha ha ha haaaaaaaaaa ;) i m not able to control my laughs @ this
relay race picking. hey there r some die-hard fans who could not even digest to
point just by words arr inspired from samples & they call those as idiots..
already i emphasised many times to merely enjoy wat arr gives as far as
creativity is concerned... i read many old posts for lift, sample etc. only to
know such members credited with "idiots" tag... amith chandran & bhagavathy
glad to know u pple also part of itwofs. u pple better inform itwofs abt this
latest 1954 malayalam entry from vinod which wud be of added help.. then next
who is it to find abt malayalam song ? good entertainment.

Vinod Raju <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

This telugu song is copied ditto from 1954 Malayalam song "Kuyiline
Thedi" from film Neelakkuyil.

http://www.musicindiaonline.com/music/malayalam/s/movie_name.3623/
(song no.5)

Ottagathai copied from "Kuyiline" is a very popular allegation in
Kerala since Gentleman release days. But not many people are really
convinced about the 'copy' allegation, though the first line of
Ottagathai does have some similarity to Kuyiline.

Thanks,
Vinod

--- In arrahmanfans@yahoogroups.com, Gopal Srinivasan
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> September.09.2007
> @ I'm fully aware of how much buzz a post of Rahman's inspirations
may generate, not adding the hate mail that I may eventually end up
getting. But, here goes! Malgadi Shuba's 1991 Telugu pop
song, 'Eddem Ante Teddam Antav', from the album 'Chik pak chik bam',
with music by Raj Koti, seems to be the source of inspiration for
Rahman's superhit Gentleman song, 'Ottakatha Kattikko'. The first 2
lines' flow, that is, nothing more. And, considerably spruced up in
Rahman style, of course! I recall reading Rahman's apprenticeship as
an arranger for other composers like Ilayaraja, Ousepachan and Raj
Koti, so a connection cannot be ruled out as a coincidence. Plus,
I'm not getting into a guessing game which points to Rahman
composing this tune originally for Raj Koti since that's merely a
conjecture! Thanks to Amith Chandran and Bhagavathi Mohan for the
info! The full Telugu song is available in CoolToad, here.
> Listen to Ottagatha Kattikko | Eddem ante
> http://www.itwofs.com

Yahoo! Answers - Check it out.