I really didn't know what to expect since this is Monty's first
outing as a composer of a full song soundtrack. He's new at this!
I am hearing  a lot of disappointment with this soundtrack.  I think
people are disappointed simply because of extremely high
expectations, not because the music is bad. And some just don't like
soundtracks without heavy beats and item numbers.  True that SLB's
music style is quite predictable, but the hangover from Devdas to me
is only on a couple of tracks.  And quite a beautiful hangover it
is!  There are also some original and fresh sounding songs too.  To
me, an album to savor for a long, long time.

--- In arrahmanfans@yahoogroups.com, "Gomtesh Upadhye"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Yes but too much of a devdas hangover.....I expected better
tracks...look
> what he did with black...amazing!
>
> Gomzy
>

> On 9/25/07, Chord <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> >   It ranks up there in the league of elite soundtracks. Very
soothing
> > and melodious soundtrack with lots of classical influences and
> > beautiful arrangements and instrumental ornaments. No heavy beats
or
> > real item numbers. The arrangements are not very thickly layered,
but
> > they are crafted extremely delicately and woven briliantly. I
think
> > ARR himself would like this soundtrack a lot. Only weakness to me
is
> > that a few songs are very similar to songs from SLBs previous
movies.
> > Lyrics are also quite simple by comparison. To me, however, it's
> > mostly a very refreshing and quite stylish and very
soothing/romantic