Kumaresh & Nishanth,
                                 Thanx a lot 4 responding to my query. Actually
I was wondering what these 5.1 surround mp3 songs are.
I specially thank Kumaresh for giving the related info from the below link.
http://www.mpegsurround.com/tech.html
So happy hearing 5.1 mp3 surround songs from rahman.
Hope later these format gets released from our master itself with his trademark.
Thanks &Regards
NithinS

kumar shan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:                               Hi Nishant

5.1 MP3 (MP3 surround) sounds terrible than the normal stereo MP3 if you listen
it in stereo sound system. you can only feel the difference of the MP3 surround
if you listen to it in any  5.1 system with the proper output (speakers)
itself.

It is not a compressed format, those MP3 surround (5.1 MP3) actually squeeze
out the extra channels from the normal MP3 (stereo), obviously it will sounds
terrible if you listen to it in the normal stereo sound system or headphones
(because there is only 2 channel outputs). You will sense that the normal audio
CD / stereo MP3 sounds better, because all of the frequency of sound are
encoded in those 2 channels only. Meanwhile  5.1 MP3 have splitted those 2
channels to 6 channels (front R & L, Rear R & L, Center and LFE - Subwoofer),
so, you cant listen to the sounds which redirected to the other extra channel,
by listening to the track in a stereo system, it only can be listened in at
least  5.1 system to get the full satisfaction.

at the same time, 5.1 MP3 requires a specific player or codec to play the track
with the full effects. normal players can play it (since it is a type of MP3)
but it is unable to give you the real feel of the sound itself.

regards,
Kumaresh-n