Hi Kumaresh

Your right when you say that these files sound better in a 5.1
setup.But theoretically a MP3 Surround file's sound quality would be
similar to the MP3 surround file when using a good 5.1 decoder.But we
find MP3 surround to sound better in a 5.1 setup as the sound comes
through 6 speakers and in a 2 channel setup all sounds comes through
only 2 speakers,so some sounds get burried in a 2 channel setup.

MP3 and MP3 surround are both compressed or lossy formats.This is
because when you encode from a Audio CD (1411kbps WAV format) the mp3
encoder compresses the original file to a lower bitrate specified by
you (320,192,128kbps ect).Normal audio CDs sound good because of the
high bitrate and the uncompressed format that they use.

Thanx
Regards
Nishanth

--- In arrahmanfans@yahoogroups.com, "kumar shan" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> Hi Nishant
>
> 5.1 MP3 (MP3 surround) sounds terrible than the normal stereo MP3 if you
> listen it in stereo sound system. you can only feel the difference
of the
> MP3 surround if you listen to it in any 5.1 system with the proper
output
> (speakers) itself.
>
> It is not a compressed format, those MP3 surround (5.1 MP3) actually
squeeze
> out the extra channels from the normal MP3 (stereo), obviously it will
> sounds terrible if you listen to it in the normal stereo sound system or
> headphones (because there is only 2 channel outputs). You will sense
that
> the normal audio CD / stereo MP3 sounds better, because all of the
frequency
> of sound are encoded in those 2 channels only. Meanwhile 5.1 MP3 have
> splitted those 2 channels to 6 channels (front R & L, Rear R & L,
Center and