"Are you the key pads in harmonium?,
Because you runs my hormones amock"

Above is a line from A.R.Rahman's latest music album (ATM) and thats
exactly are the right words to describe ARR's music. Everytime i
listen to one of his latest releases, my hormones literally go crazy
and i become a Rahmaniac. Some of the symptoms of being a Rahmaniac
are as follows:

The volume in my stereo hits all time high.

The repeat button in my stereo gets maximum number of hits.

Walking back and forth in the house for no reason.

climbing the stairs in two's and three's.

My walking strides become longer.

I encouter a Prabu Deva inside me.

Everyone at my workplace look like close buddies.

The tunes keep ringing in my ears all day long.

Restless to get back to car & listen to the songs once again.

Imagining how the song would have to be picturized.

Get angry at anyone who says the songs are not good. ARR music is a
classic examples of "Thinking Out of the Box". He produces never-been-
heard-of-sounds from any given instrument or singer. So, it takes a
while to get into the same ARR's mood/wavelength/frequency to enjoy
the song. For those who cant think out of the bos cant enjoy the song.

Get wonder struck at the type of instruments used/mixed and sync'd.

Getting confused figuring out which song is better.

Untill and unless one experiences all of the above (s)he hasn't
really enjoyed A.R.Rahman's music. Right from my school days i have
had this experience with each and every album of his. He has never
disappointed me. I still remember the way i used to take my bicycle
and run to every music store to buy the cassette during my school
days. Thanks for all the bus drivers/lorry drivers for not hitting me
during my reckless driving. I literally used to glue to the speakers
to capture each and every sound.

One might have read volumes about the Power of Yoga, Meditation,
Prayer, God etc etc, but would not have experienced anything.
Listening to A.R.Rahman's music can easily take one close to bliss.
There is a poem "Fall in love, your signature will become legible and
straight". Unfortunately its easily said than done. There is no Love-
well to go and fall to experience the magic. But with A.R.Rahman's
music one can easily plug-in to headphones and escape to Alice in
Wonderland.

The Oscar/Grammy winning days for A.R.Rahman are being numbered. Once
he steps into the global arena, i can imagine how awe struck the
other music artists are going to be. Like there can be only one
genius (Ramanujan) in Mathematics, only one genius in cricket
(Tendulkar), there can be only one genius in music (A.R.Rahman).

P.S: Somebody play the remix composed by ARR (Ponmagal Vandhaal) near
MGR samadhi. I bet MGR will reincarnate himself and rap for the song.

--- In arrahmanfans@yahoogroups.com, murali tharan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> Guys...add me into the list. Everyday my day starts with ATM. Me
too while driving to Office n driving back to home, will put the in
my car's audio system and put the volume as high as i can hear. even
others outside my car also can hear it clearly. I'd put some extra
woofer n modified my stereo system just to listen ARR' s songs. Its
totally a wonderful experience. those who r talking bad about ATM,
please listen to the songs with high volume n with good speaker
system.. then u will know the magic of ARR. The ARR stamp is all over
the songs clearly. but i couldnt figure out y some people saying its
bad. This is the trend i think....

> ARR album will release....hardcore fans of ARR will queue up to get
the CD n listen to it...the next day there will be reviews (Positive)
in our group...suddenly someone will say its not up to the standard
set by ARR, Usual songs, harris better then ARR, yuvan better than
ARR, even some might say Imman or Dheena better than ARR. The songs
reminds of old songs...ARR is loosing his touch n etc. Thats
it...others also will follow....then some of our group hardcore
people will start to critize it..bashing those people....after that
someone will say...

> "Please accept the facts..its their opinion to voice out..we
shouldnt get angry...they have rights to say..we need critism even
ARR needs it to improve..some will say im a hardcore fan of ARR from
early Roja n i grew up with his music but....." then this will go
on.....until movie release..if the movie done well in market..then
they will say ARR is genius, maestro n etc. after that will be
another album release n the same story will goes on....

> I've noticed this things happening starts from tenali, rythm....Y?
please guys listen to the songs n appreciate it. Im not against
critism but let be enjoyable n dont provoke each other. we're like
one family...someone from india sharing his/her thoughts with someone
in England or Malaysia or Australia n etc. We all have the same
destiny that is ARR"S MUSIC. So please proud of it n dont simply
accused other people. Do you all think ARR will accept a movie n will
give it to his assistant to do it...which crazy people will do that n
how could anyone from this group can tell like that...REMEMBER
SOMETIME THE IDOL OF THIS GROUP WILL READ OUR MAILS....CLEAR EXAMPLE
IS MAIL REGARDING ARR"S HEALTH. So please whoever thinks that ARR has
lost his touch, creating album not up to his standard or etc.. please
keep it yourselves cause u will hurts others...thanks...

> P/S: after this please dont say they have rights to critize, they
have rights to talk n etc...remember if they have, i myself also have
the same rights here to express my views...so dont post mails like
that.....

> Sai <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:                               Looks
like ur in the same boat as me

>  I put the CD in my car's stereo system and go for a drive. When
the
>  song is halfway and I am nearing my house, I skip home and
increase
>  my drive hours by few more minutes.
>
>  This guy, Rahman is just killing me with his tunes, esp. ATM! I
have
>  heard this album more than 10 times (couldnt count after that) and
>  have been completely mesmerised by this album. In some songs, I am
>  able to fully able to feel the vintage Rahman of the 90's. I have
>  been eagerly waiting to see the Rahman of the 90's. SOK and Sivaji
>  didnt actually show me the Rahman of the 90's. This film gives us
the
>  Rahman of the 90's.
>
>  Of course, I like Rahman's other music too like soft and melodious
>  music. He is the definition of music. But this album is
sensational