Hammaya :P atlast my frustration on this group has come to an end with this
beautiful mail...great review thulasi...i really appreciate..i thorougly
enjoyed and delighted reading your review.
Thanks
kalyan

Thulasi Ram <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:                               I had to
dedicate two hours for penning this review. I appreciate those who take time to
go through this. Thanks.

 First things first: ARR is doing re-recording/BGM for ATM. It's confirmed from
reliable sources. Don't keep on spreading rumors. Rather, start spreading this
information.

 Understand the reality: You cannot have ATM songs in a movie like Boys and the
vice versa is also not possible. ARR has come up with some "working numbers"
to suit the image of a hero who has the potential to hit deep. So, free your
mind and enjoy the songs given by the musical genius.

A bit of history- The lesson learnt:  Till 2001, if an ARR song doesn't catch
me instantly, I used to keep rambling like many in this group (!). I remember
how bad  I felt about mudhalvan songs initally. Later I realized how those
songs grew in me. Similar case happened with Alaipayuthey. I never liked yaaro
yaarodi, evano oruvan. But later, I realized how ARRs song create a swinging
shift thereby making someone to rethink what he/she has thought about it
initially. Okay there you go! That's ARR for you. I made something firm in me.
i.e. Not to take any quick decisions for ARR albums. This strategy has worked
great for me. For example, I never liked tu bin and lukka chuppi from RDB
initially but I believed that ARR's song will grow in me. Later I felt that
lukka chuppi is a gem of a song and tu bin bataye a golden gift from ARR.

Bottom line: Accept ARRs songs as it comes and it will definitely strike gold
in you simply because, music from ARR is not a result of ARRs work but ARRs
blood. A man who has dedicated his life to music and a man who has the courage
to experiment new sounds and genre of music. A simple example: When did rap
become famous in regional movies? Only after ARR bought rap stuff in alai
payuthe.

Okay, lets dive into the subject of this mail.

ATM Review:

After Laggan, all songs in an ARR album have caught me instantly only in ATM
i.e. m hearing all songs without skipping from day 1.

My pick of the album: Merlyn Monroe (just a shade sweeter than all the other
magnificent songs in the album)

Album rating: 10/10.

Bottomline: A versatile Rahman in show. ARR makes music sound easy but it is
not easy. ATM has a bunch of complex compositions. Kudos to all lyricists.

          Ellapugazhum
             Brilliance   of ARR
          ARR's   voice and rendition; Great and mesmerizing. ARR adds life to
the song
              The use   of electric guitar - that's ARR for you
              Magnificent use of chords that pump the adrenalin (sample 4:02 -
4:10)
              The way   the song ends.. Scintillating!
              Reverberating   chiming section throughout the song - ARRs mind
in play
              Constant   energy-sprinkling percussion which sounds great in 5.1
             Merlyn Monroe
             Brilliance   of ARR
          Stylish   Stylish Stylish
              The way   the song begins is too sexy. LOVE IT!
              Notice   that there are NO percussion in this song. Just the
chiming sounds   with bass guitar does the trick for the song. That's ARR for
you again
              Amazing   additional programming. High-tech sounds embellish the
song
              Casual   rendition by male singer and female voice getting quite
squeaky.. This   balance has worked out great in the song
              Mesmerizing   male and female alaaps. A

complex song to execute.
             Valayapatti
             Brilliance   of ARR
          Check out   different layers in the song. All unique but very tough
to compose
              Raaga and   corresponding alaap. Just magnificient! Come on,
could anyone merge both folk   and carnatic genre?? Only ARR can handle it so
professionally. Result: A   magnificient song like this
              Use of   nathaswaram.. ARR makes even that instrument sound so
pleasant to hear.
              The   connection between both charanam and pallavi is too good.
Folk + carnatic +   percussion alaap (dheem thanaku dheem)
              Use of   bass guitar and making it play all along when the raaga
alaap is rendered.   This is vintage ARR.
              Use of   Naresh and madhumitha is commendable
             Kelamal
             Brilliance   of ARR
          Only ARR   can handle melodies like munbae vaa, kaatril(from GF) and
a song like this..   All are melodies but fall info different percussion genre.
Just awesome.
              Ketu   rasitha padal ondrai bit is amazing and  mesmerizing. An
alternate version of it in the   middle of the song is just scintillating
              Singer   selection has again worked out beautifully for ARR.
              The song   decorated by various versions of chiming sounds
              Kokilam   Kokilam bit is very much hummable.
              A simple   percussion handled so professionally to suit a melody
like this
             Maduraiku
             Brilliance of ARR
          Again,   the instrument "melam" sounds professional when ARR uses it.
This   aspect as always been very unique for ARR. He does "something" to   make
the instruments and singers voice to suit the mood of the song. That's   the
brilliance of ARR
              Song   beginning is very catchy and suits village mood
              The   pallavi has two layers which makes the song very difficult
to tune. I   personally think this should be the very tough song to compose.
But, the   result is an amazing song with a regional touch.
              Use of   nathaswaram is awesome.
              Again   ARRs courage to use new voices has definitely paid off.
             Ponmagal vandhal
             ARR / Krishna Chetan
          The way   the song begins gives goosebumps. Too cool
              Rap gels   very well with the pace of the song
              Very   clever usage of the old song bits in the middle of the
remix
              Whoever   did this song, it is definitely pleasant to hear
              Additional   programming has a professional touch and its elegant

 Long live ARR and his music..