If I may add my 2 cents:

I have been collecting quality headphones/audio equipment, and from my
personal experience I can say that in my opinion Bose is overrated.  I
have couple of Bose headphones (+ Bose HomeTheater) and they are great
at reproducing bass, but they really compromise in reproducing mids &
highs.  So, if I really want to emphasize on bass, I listen to it on
Bose, but my $70 Aiwa HP-AK100, which I have for regular use,
outperforms Bose in other areas.

I also prefer Sennheiser over Bose.  Just the fact that Bose doesn't
even disclose their frequency ranges/specification is really
frustrating because you can't compare Bose with other headphones based
on specs.

But it really comes down to personal preference and your "ear for
detail".  My mom can't tell the difference between Bose and RCA.

If you are really in the market to buy Bose headphones, I recommend
you consider these as well:

1. Bang & Olufson A8 earphones:
http://www.bang-olufsen.com/page.asp?id=46

2. Sennheiser HD 595:
http://www.sennheiser.com/sennheiser/icm_eng.nsf/root/05343

3. Etymotic ER.4:
http://www.etymotic.com/ephp/er4.aspx

And if you want ultimate headphones...then these:

1. Shure E500:
http://www.shure.com/PersonalAudio/Products/Earphones/SEModels/us_pa_se530_content

2. Denon AH-D5000:
http://usa.denon.com/ProductDetails/3456.asp

I'm currently saving up for E500, it has three dedicated drivers to
cater to highs/mids/lows and they have fit them all in a plug, let's see.

--- In arrahmanfans@yahoogroups.com, "balaji ramalingam" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> Yes..Many has different opinion...even i thought BOSE is just waste of
> money, but when i listen ARR music in Bose QC2 and when you compare the
> sound with other head phones...the quality is way ahead of other
headphones
> and ARR music simply rocks!
> but i should say even Sennheiser is beautifully crafted to produce
very good
> music...My friend has this one...ARR music sounds greatly on
> Sennheiser as Gomzy
> said.
>
> My roommate is a very die hard fan of Ilayaraja... but when he started
> listening ARR music on Bose headphones he undoubtedly accepted
greatness of
> ARR music (i am not trying to create a debate on who is great!
please i dont
> want that). ARR BGM rocks on these headphones. i mean we are all
great fans
> of gifted musician ARR. To understand his great music we should
listen in
> Bose, Sennheiser as far as i know...
>
> i am not earning that much to offer 300$ for Bose headphones. but i
did a
> lot of research and its worth spending that much amount just for
only one
> reason...and that is to listen ARR music.
>
> - Balaji
>

> On 10/27/07, ramanujan melkote krishna <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> >   Gomzy.. I donno wether u have tried Bose i.e, Tripod
Technology.....its

now<http://in.rd.yahoo.com/tagline_mail_2/*http://help.yahoo.com/l/in/yahoo/mail/yahoomail/tools/tools-08.html/>