Been hearing mumblings about wanting the Rahman from the 90s back.

My advice? Cut your losses and grieve, or celebrate with the mature
and progressive composer whose brilliance is unfaded.

Rahman going back in time is not going to happen.  Oh, sure, Rahman
will keep belting out quality/hit scores, but if you're wanting Deja
Vu Rahman, forget it.  And that's a good thing.  If he kept going
back to his 90s mould, he would be labeled as repetitive, one
dimensional, etc.  I'd much rather have a Rahman who moves forward,
progresses and matures as a composer, and experiments, even if all
his experiments don't work at the BO.

BTW, to me, JA is not an experiment gone wrong.  It's Rahman on top
of his game.  The guy is a master composer with unknown potential.
If you want Rahman from the 90s, there are PLENTY of soundtracks to
choose from.  I love Rahman from the 90s and I have lots of CDs I can
put on if I want to go back.  But, I also love Rahman of today, even
if I don't cherish ALL his songs, just like in the past.  He's been
there, done that.

Time to move forward.  No more Dil Se, no more Taal.  Why would you
want a repeat?  He's done those already!

The long haul, luxury Rahman express is moving forward and ready to
go the distance.  If you want to join him, all aboard!  If not, the
slower, run down, short distance Pritam/Himesh express has limited
room, but no AC compartment or first class seats.