From the Red Carpet, the event progresses inside the auditorium as the
grand show for the 53rd Fair One Filmfare Awards has started. As winners are
being announced, Indiatimes Movies is bringing to you the live and exclusive
updates from the event.

 LIVE AND EXCLUSIVE!!!

 To present the Best Actor in a Leading Role (Male) award, the diva of
Bollywood, Rekha arrives on the stage. And SRK has won the award for the 9th
time for his role in Chak De India.

 And finally it's the moment to announce the winner in the Best Leading
Actor (Female) category. The Chhote Nawab, Saif Ali Khan arrives on the
stage to announce the winner. And Kareena Kapoor receives the award from her
beau for her performance in Jab We Met. Kareena thanks Imitiaz Ali, co-star
Shahid and Ashtavinayak. Bebo also acknowledges Saif for presenting her the
award that has made her night special.

 Before announcing the two most awaited awards of the year, Karan Johar
comes back to acknowledge the sponsors.

 The bubbly Preity Zinta is up on stage to present the Best Director Award.
Preity says that it's a very emotional moment for her as she has worked
before with the man who has won the award. It goes to Aamir Khan. Prasoon
Joshi comes to receive the award on behalf of Aamir Khan, the director of
Taare Zameen Par.

 Bipasha Basu and John Abraham come on stage to announce the Critics' Award
for Best Film. The award has been bagged by Shimit Amin for Chak De India.
Kunal Kapoor presents the Critics' Award for Best Actress to Tabu for her
unconventional role in Cheeni Kum. Nirupama Rao and Shaimak Davar arrive on
the stage to announce the Critics Award for the Best Actor. It goes to
Darsheel Safari for Taare Zammen Par. A delighted Darsheel says that he is
thankful to the people who liked his work and have voted for him.

 The Lifetime Achievement Award has been has been presented to Rishi Kapoor.
The gorgeous Dimple Kapadia awarded the trophy to Rishi Kapoor. Rishi Kapoor
gets a standing ovation as he receives the award.

 The sultry siren Priyanka Chopra comes solo to announce the award for the
Best Actor in a Supporting Role (Male) category. The award has been bagged
by Irrfan Khan for playing Monty's character in Life In A Metro. Irrfan is
not present for the moment and his award is collected by a close friend.

 Neil Nitin Mukesh and Twinkle Khanna come to do the honours for the Best
Actor in a Supporting Role (Female) category. It goes to Konkana Sen Sharma
for her performance in Life in a Metro.

 Bappi Lahiri and the ever-green Poonam Dhillon arrive to present the award
for Best Music. It goes to A. R. Rehman. The musician bagged the award for
his music in Guru. This is the singer's second award for the evening.

 Smita Thackeray who is accompanied by David Dhawan, announces the next
award for Best Male Singer. The award has been bagged by Shaan for the
superhit track 'Jabse Tere Naina' from Saawariya. However, the singer is not
present and his award has been collected by Monty Sharma.

 The Best Lyrics Award is being read out by Minissha Lamba and Sanjay
Gadhvi. This award has been won by Prasoon Joshi for penning 'Ma', the song
from Taare Zameen Par.

 Mukesh Bhatt and Arshad Warsi come on stage to present the award for best
female playback singer which goes to Shreya Ghoshal for the song 'Barso Re'
from Guru.

 The gorgeous Karisma Kapoor and Ramesh Sippy come to present the Power
Award. The award has been bagged by Yash and Aditya Chopra. On winning the
award, the veteran filmmaker Yash Chopra said, "We are powerless without the
love of the audience and the industry."

 The next award being presented by Kunal Kohli and Kangana Rannaut for The
Best Story goes to Amol Gupte for  Taare Zameen Par  . The award for the
Best Screenplay to Anurag Basu for  Life In A Metro  . Fardeen Khan does the
honours of presenting the award. This is followed by the award for the Best
Dialogue which is bagged by Imitiaz Ali for the movie  Jab We Met  . The
award was presented by Madhur Bhandarkar and Aftab Shivdasani

 The Best Female Debutante, is being presented by Jagjit and Sneha Saxena,
MD of Elder Pharmaceuticals. With this announcement, Deepika wins her second
Filmfare award.

 Saif and SRK introduce their own in-formal awards known as the Na-Real
awards. The Award trophies are in a coconut shape. And the Na-Real Award for
Wardrobe Malfunction has been bagged by none other than their-co hostess,
Vidya Balan for her look in Hey Baby.

 The next award in line is the Best Male Debutant Award. Ranbir Kapoor, the
lover boy of Saawariya is awarded the honour by Jeetendra and Tushar Kapoor.
On winning the award, a delighted Ranbir says, "20 % of my reason for being
an actor was that I could win a Filmfare. I am overwhelmed." Addressing
Neetu Singh, Ranbir goes on to say, "Mamma, I am bringing home a girl
tonight."

 The Sony Head N Shoulders Fresh Face of the Year Award is being presented
by Rohit Gupta and Kareena Kapoor. Deepika Padukone, the hot debutant of
OSO, has bagged the award. A surprised Deepika says that she wasn't
expecting the award.

 Anu Malik and Alka Yagnik come up to present the R. D. Burman Award for
Promising Music Talent. Monty Sharma bags the award for lending music to
Saawariya.

 Saif and SRK, the hosts for the evening make an entry on horse-backs. The
duo is dressed in black and blue attire. Gauri is looking bell bound to her
hubby SRK. As SRK and Saif enter, there is lot of cheer from the women.
Saif: says, "We are back on horsebacks, but not brokeback."

 A. R. Rehman wins the award for the Best Background Score. The music
director has come himself to take the award which is being presented by
Abbas-Mustan. He says, "The Filmfare Award is like an ornament for a lady;
the more you have, it enhances the charm."

 Abbas-Mustan, the duo who always dress in white, come on-stage to present
the Best Costume Award. It has been awarded to Sujata Sharma for Gandhi My
Father.

 Chak De India has won the Best Cinemtography Award. The award was presented
by R Madhavan and his wife to Sudip Chatterjee

 The 53rd Fair One Filmfare Awards has just begun with the guests paying
homage to the souls of artistes who departed in 2007.

http://movies.indiatimes.com/articleshow/2808096.cms