Hey Lakki..great description of the concert..especially the timing of
the songs!!...nice to meet up with the fellow group members and as we
spoke about it, we should try and organise some sort of a get
together...ARR Rocks!!

Ryaaz

--- In arrahmanfans@yahoogroups.com, Sreejith Ullattil
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hey
>
>   Great mail...ofcourse the tidbits was the highlight of the show
(i cud just write down the songs in the order), but u even noted the
time...

>   About the photos, i am gonna upload them on facebook...any
thoughts if i shd upload them elsewhere? (there's around 180
pics...and i will never delete any, even if its blurry)

>   Once again, i am still sitting today with eyes closed cause i too
am seeing the concert in front me (screensaver) and i have the songs
playing in my room in the same order...

>   An amazing birthday gift to myself...Thank you ARR and thanks to
the those i met yesterday...

>   Cheers
>   Skreech / Sreejith
>
> Lakki <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>             (sorry – long mail. Some interesting tidbits towards
the end)

>   Exhilarating experience, as expected. All this waiting didn't go
wasted. Concert started on the dot at 8.30 pm (10 pm IST) and ended
at 12. Three and a half hours of sheer bliss!

>   Fans
>   A few of us met up at the concert: Fameeb and friends; Mehroof;
Riyaz; Aravind; Vishnu and friend; Sreejith and sister; Sunil;
myself. Was also in touch through the concert with Ganesh; Siad;
Sunder; and later Anand. (Sanjay – would have texted you if you had
posted your number earlier.) Was wonderful getting to meet you all;
we have a good number of people now; lets try and keep the spirit
alive..

>   Concert
>   The professionalism was evident through out and also the hard
work that would have gone in to stick to the timings and the flow to
be smooth. The absence of a Compere didn't seem to bother anyone as
there was hardly any gap between the songs. It showed the amazing
team work as everything was going like clock work. Blaaze came in a
few times just for the very essentials like to set the feel at the
beginning and later to introduce the musicians. ARR also did his part
to interact with the audience. He highlighted that this was the 10th
anniversary of his first concert in Dubai and that in itself is a
great achievement for a performer like him. He thanked everyone
tremendously at the end for the support and said mischievously that
he hoped to do this again after 5 years – the grin on his face showed
that he anticipated the "no, we want sooner, we want more" shouts..

>   The organizers also seemed to have done well, though at times
they seemed a bit confused. Except for a few glitches like opening
the gates one hour late (6 instead of 5) and slight lack of
coordination with Security personnel, everything seemed set. Snacks,
drinks, etc were available and they also printed out booklets with
some of the singers introductions, etc which was useful..

>   Apart from not having a compere, there are a couple of other
differences that caught my attention in comparison to the previous
Dubai concert. First is the extent to which ARR's live vocals have
improved – almost to the point of being totally flawless now! I can
only imagine the hours of sadhakam / practice he would have put in
the past years to reach where he's now. Truly amazing!
>   Second is the absence of dancers for some key danceable songs
like Chaiyya Chaiyya. True to his word (he mentioned this during the
press conference), he has ensured that the focus would in fact be on
the singing. For those songs where dancers were involved, the
choreography was good and so were some of the visual effects. I am
however slightly on the fence regarding the solo dancer in blue for
the 'Tere bina' song – still trying to figure out if I liked the idea
or not!

>   Songs
>   Hindi dominated slightly but there was a good mix of Tamil as
well. Karthik and Benny stood out for their lively and high energy
performances. Hariharan and Blaaze interacted well with the audience.
Nithi gave some beautiful renditions and certainly Chitra, Naresh and
the others as well. Our man's singing was the surprise package of
them all – excellent vocals and unbelievable presence on stage. He
even took it a step further after the 'humma humma' song making the
audience sing the "humma" part. Soo not him but it was fun to watch
him interacting so nicely with the audience!

>   Following are the songs sung with time it started and the singers:
>   08:40 JAGE HAI (Guru) à Chitra, ARR
>   08.42 KHALBALI (RDB) à ARR
>   08:48 KADHAL ROJAVE / ROJA JANEMAN (Roja) à Hariharan, Sadhana
Sargam
>   08:53 BARSO RE (Guru) à Neethi Mohan, Mohamed Aslam
>   08:58 LOSE CONTROL (RDB) à Blaaze, Mohamed Aslam, Naresh Iyer
>
>   09:00 3 minutes with the Guitarist (anyone know his name?)
>
>   09:03 GIRLFRIEND (Boys) à Karthik, Benny Dayal
>   09:09 JASHN-E-BAHARA (Jodha Akbar) à Javed Ali
>   09:15 KANNALANE / KEHANA HE KYA (Bombay) à Chitra, ARR
>   09:19 KABHI NEEM NEEM / SANDA KOZHI (Yuva/AE) à Madhusree, ARR
>   09:24 ROOBARU (RDB) à Naresh Iyer, ARR
>   09:28 JIYA JALE (Dil Se) à Chitra
>   09:33 DIL SE RE (Dil Se) à ARR
>   09:36 EDHAYAM / IN LAMHON KE DAMAN (Jodha Akbar) à Karthik,
Madhusree, Javed Ali
>   09:42 VAAJI VAAJI (Sivaji) à Hariharan, Madhusree
>   09:48 ATHIRADI(Sivaji) à Karthik, Naresh Iyer, Benny, Synora,
Mohd Aslam, ARR
>   09:55 CHAIYYA CHAIYYA (Dil Se) à Javed Ali, Rahna, Mohd Aslam,
>
>   10:02 3 minutes of AZZEM-O-SHAN (Jodha Akbar) intro, changing to
o-oh-o-o in RUKMANI (Roja) and then to a line from VEERAPANDI
(Thiruda Thiruda) à ARR, Mohd, Shivmani
>   10:05 Shivamani on a roll non-stop for 13 minutes
>   10:19 Blaaze comes in rapping ORU KUDAI SUNLIGHT (Sivaji) and
moves on to introduce the musicians / technicians involved

>   10:24 PRAY FOR ME BROTHER (Pray For Me Brother) à ARR
>   10:31 BOMBAY THEME (Bombay) à Naveen on Flute
>   10:34 KHWAJA MERE (Jodha Akbar) à ARR, Javed Ali, Mohd Aslam
>   10:42 AE HAIRATHEY AASHIQUI (Guru) à Hariharan, Sadhana, Mohd
Aslam, Dr. Narayan
>   10:50 VAARI VAARI (Rising)à Sadhana, Hariharan
>   10:57 MADURAIKKU POKATHADI (ATM) à Tanvi, Benny Dayal
>   11:03 MAYYA MAYYA (Guru) à Nithi Mohan, Mohd Aslam
>   11:10 CHANDA RE / VENNILAVE (Sapnay/Minsara Kanavu) à Hariharan,
Sadhana Sargam
>   11:16 TERE BINA (Guru) à ARR, Madhusree, Mohd Aslam
>   11:23 GHANAN GHANAN (Lagaan) à Madhusree, Chitra, Hariharan,
Karthik, Singer in Pagdi
>   11:28 THOTTAL POO (New) à Synora, Hariharan
>   11:32 TELEPHONE MANI / DHUN (Indian) à Hariharan
>   11:37 IK ONKAR (RDB) à Chitra
>   11:39 RANG DE BASANTI (RDB) à Singer in Pagdi, ARR, Chitra
>   11:46 SA RE GA ME (Boys) à Tanvi, Rahna, Synora, Mohd Aslam,
Blaaze, Naresh, Benny
>   11:50 ANDHA ARABIKADALORAM (Bombay) à ARR, Blaaze
>   11:58 VANDE MATHARAM (Vande Matharam) à ARR
>
>   Trivia
>
>    Rahman's wife came in by around 7.45 wearing a pretty elegant
white khamiz suit with the children. Couldn't spot his mother. They
left before the last song
>    It was fun to watch ARR suddenly coming on stage wearing some
real dark coolers during the Athiradi song looking cool. I could see
his wife laughing and waving at him from the audience at this time..
>    ARR while introducing the song 'Pray For Me' said that he'll
sing this for the rest of his life until there's no poverty in the
world and concluded by asking the audience to keep thinking of the
song and change the world..
>    Hariharan was in his element starting from 'Vaaji' with him
mimicking Rajni's mannerisms; to him trying to make the audience
appreciate the singer wearing Pagdi while he was doing the amazing
Aalap during 'Ghanan ghanan'. He interacted well with the audience
and even got them to repeat swaras after him for around half a minute
during another song. He did his usual experimentation and his own
aalaps here and there
>    The above was just not the case with Sadhana. I still remember
very clearly coming back from the concert 5 yrs ago thinking as to
how she is able to sing so effortlessly – she was undoubtedly the
best performer for that concert. But yesterday, not only did she have
a few off keys here and there, she repeatedly forgot lines. It was
just not her day.
>    Madhusree did a good job of the songs she sang and it was fun to
listen to her pronunciation of the Tamil lyrics of Sanda Kozhi
>    ARR's patience was evident while they were singing 'Khwaja'; the
3 of them were seated with ARR in the middle playing Harmonium. The
mike in front of ARR kept sliding down due to which he had to keep
holding and correcting its position repeatedly. But all the time, not
a single sign of annoyance or anger on the face in spite to having to
do it again and again! But whatever chance he got to play the
harmonica, he did it with his eyes closed and so very absorbed - was
such a joy to watch.
>   We tried hanging around till 1 pm with the hope of seeing ARR.
Vishnu knew Naresh and was able to convey the message to him that
yahoogroup fans are waiting but unfortunately, ARR had left by then.
Thanks a lot to Vishnu for trying. We were however able to see some
of the singers and even congratulate the Guitarist, etc for their
performance.

>   What a night! I have half a mind to book a ticket and come down
to Chennai for the next one!!

>   Lakki
>
> --
> Lakki