On 6/4/2008 9:59 PM India Time, _Vinayakam Murugan_ wrote:

> On Wed, Jun 4, 2008 at 4:45 AM, V S Rawat <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>> wrote:
>
>     On 6/3/2008 10:53 PM India Time, _Vinayakam Murugan_ wrote:
>
>     could you please elaborate what is "imposing an item music"?
>
> There are many composers who maintain a bank of "hit" tunes and slap it
> into any film.

Hmm. And what do you find wrong in it? I think it is perfectly OK.

First time, I had heard the term song bank, or rather tune bank was in
mid 80s that Nadeem Sharavan, during the period of their struggle, had
composed many tunes that they then were finalizing and recording and
giving to films, thus having bulk releases in short span.

How does it matter? NS did give many lovely albums from these tune-bank
songs. NS' "pardesi jana nahin" is still my fav that still retains the
first day freshness. such a rarity in bolly music where most songs die
within two months.

A song is not a pizza that has to eaten ovenfresh lest it will loose its
taste. A tune is evergreen. When you hear remixes of not just RDB 70s
songs but even the remixes of Johrabai Ambalewali's 50s songs, and like
them and humm then, u r actually appreciating a 60 year old tune. I
think there is nothing wrong in it.

To show another parallel, Veerzara had tunes from Late Madan Mohan's
"tune-bank" used 30 years later. What do you think was wrong in it? I
find it perfectly ok. I personally find Veerzara's music not upto yash
chopra's great standards with Khayyam, and sadly Lata's voice sounded
decisively aged and unfit not just for young lead pair, but also for the
films in general. Still, the song were sounding perfectly 2004-ish and
no way 1973-ish like Abhiman's  Tere Mere Milan ki Ye Raina or Bobby's
Jhooth Boley Kawwa Kate or Pran Jaye Par VAchan na jaye's chain se hamko
kabhi or Aa Gale ja's Jane Tu Ya Jane na. :-) pun intended, which all
were lovely songs.

> That's your opinion. They have shown Bipasha as a nautanki artiste with
> the other gem "Namak Ishq" also thrown in.

:-) OK. so it was not MD Vishal Bhardwaj but the director Vishal
Bhardwaj who had selected nautanki angle. :-) Does it matter that they
are one and the same human being wearing two hats? :-)

> Vinayak

OK. we agree that apples and oranges are different. :-) Had Adam eaten
an orange in the Eden garden, we would not have been here.

--
Rawat