On 6/4/2008 12:58 PM India Time, _Gomzy_ wrote:

> For your question if ARR has switched "emotions", you can find out that
> In Lamahon ke daman mein from JA is a very good example.

Hi Gomzy,

JA music somehow didn't click with me, and the movie was utterly stupid.
  Gowarikar wasted all the songs even worse than Deepa Mehta butchers
our man's music.

It will sad if JA's fate ends up strengthening ARR's resolve to abstain
from period movie. I would say there is nothing wrong in period movie/
music, everything depends upon director. Gowarikar failed in JA, period
theme did not fail.

"In Lamahon ke daman mein" did has lovely and amazing changes pace and
arrangements but it was a contemplative love song through out. Even when
the female voice comes, it didn't even become seductive, nor switched
from contemplative to consummation. i would say there are no switch in
it to opposite emotions in it like from happiness to sadness, from
calmness to agressiveness, from unification to solitude, etc.

The song is good, nonetheless.

--
Rawat