From: Gopal Srinivasan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: [arr] GVM on COM and ARR
To: arrahmanfans@yahoogroups.com
Date: Friday, June 6, 2008, 12:23 AM

Speaking of Rahman, there’s been a lot of talk about the switch from your
regular, Harris Jayaraj.
It’s not a switch, because I am doing a film with Harris in
December, which stars Ajit (for Sivaji productions) . We work really
well together. I think we’re the only team that works really well
together, because I know how he works with the other guys, and I know
how I work with him. But I always wanted to work with Rahman, right
from the word go, right from when Minnale happened – and
Harris knows that. Yes, he said, “People will think we have a problem.
Why do you want to do this now?” But I told him I need to do this
because… You can always do a film with Surya but you still want to work
with Kamal Hassan. It’s like that. When I pitched it to Rahman, the
first thing he asked was, “You have a great record with Harris. They’ll
think I’ve done something to that. I don’t want to get into the bad
books of people. Are you sure it’s okay?” Secondly, he said, “There’s
bound to be tremendous expectation. We need to live up to that. Do you
think we will do that?” I told him. “Come on, let’s not worry about all
that. What the film demands, we’ll do.” He’s pretty cool – very humble,
very nice. I think we share a great rapport.

http://www.desipund it.com/baradwajr angan/2008/ 06/05/interview-
gautam-vasudev- menon/