Dude ! i admit every singer has some pluses & minuses. I was really
disappointed to hear Hariharan, kartik or sukhwinder & Aslam Khan in showing
their creativity aspect in classical genre while singing Ghanan Ghanan in AR
concerts, saw last week in youtube. They suffer with lack of creativity by keep
on repeating certain limited phrases not exploring into much of it. If this is
the case of so-called famous singers like hariharan or sukwinder not to mention
about female singers like chitra, madusri & sadna who are fit only for tailor
made songs inside studios. These play back singers be it male or female are the
weakest when show casing their classical side of talent that is not pre-sung in
albums which have covered all  their errors. On other hand you hear to singers
used to classical music render these creative aspect of film music, you will
know what it is. But these classical singers mostly dont possess voices apt for
playback singing. Nithyasri just amazing in minsara
 kanna. But her voice cant be much used for playback. Same to Bombay Jayashri.
Unni Krishnan can fit to both extremes of music but his voice not much
attractive for playback though his songs are hits :) It is a golden rule, you
cannot have all the talents perfect in one.

  rgds

Ricky <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

          As much as songs by Rahman sound great...I must say that I don't
really buy into a few of your observations...

a) singers who can go high pitch without breaking! There are too many
of them! Hariharan, Shankar Mahadevan, Sukhwinder, are all masters of
this!

b) Javed Ali might sing a Sukhwinder song on stage, but he is FAAAAR
from the magic that Sukhwinder creates! For that matter, I bet Javed
could sing a Rahman song. Of course, this would not happen with Rahman
himself there, and plus similiarly - it won't sound as good.

Sorry about being blunt. But, I must say that while Rahman is by far
the most amazing musician ever, with reference to singers - its not
fair to underrate those who are really genius in that field.

-Ricky

--- In arrahmanfans@yahoogroups.com, "naztitude" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>