You can write a book on how good Fanaa is!!
That song has depth in composition yet a dance number-infact once
Arnab asked AR in "Frankly Speaking" on what went through his mind
when he got down to the song..and he answered...superb!!

--- In arrahmanfans@yahoogroups.com, "Thulasi Ram" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> fanaah.. the best ever by ARR..
>
> what say nazeef bhai ?!?
>
> On Thu, Jun 19, 2008 at 3:38 AM, naztitude <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
>
> >   This is not any new thought but each time I hear a song sung
by rahman
> > himself im forced to think of this!
> > The songs which Rahman sings makes them all the more special
because
> > of his voice way ahead of his composition.Take any song from
Dilse to
> > fanaa..there is this voice that makes the song more a pleasure
to hear.
> > Rahman is perhaps the most versatile singer ever. I think this
year
> > should fetch him awards for his crooning as well. The year began
with
> > Khwaja mere Khwaja, Meherbaan and tu bole main boloon till now!!
> > I often feel, in the past, although ARR has recieved innumerable
> > awards for his music, he has been left behind as a singer for
reasons
> > we need to blame Rahman himself!!
> > Firstly, he calls himself a very upcoming singer, simply becuase
of
> > his humble nature and always lifts up the other singers-a truly
noble
> > quality. This may take off the attention from him-but look at
him he
> > is more than happy to give it to others.
> > Secondly, he makes his singing sound like its so easy!! Another
reason
> > perhapy why the jury might just not consider his singing! But
wait-try
> > singing the song he sang dear jury members and you might want to
> > reconsider!
> > Whenever Rahman sings a song, he makes it impossible for others
> > sing it. In his concerts, he has Javed Ali to sing Sukhwinder but
> > there's not a chance when one sing like rahman himself. He is
perhaps
> > the only male voice who can go so high without breaking off or
losing
> > control. The speciality he gives to a song is very simple, like
going
> > high to end a line-maybe in Khwaja or Vande matram or the stress
he
> > gives to the sound "CH" like "Chaiya hai" in Khwaja or "SHK"
sound
> > in "Bhi Rashk kare" or "THA" like "Nikla Tha" in dilse. Im in
awe!!
> > Rahman knows it all-as simple as it may sound to the listener,
its a
> > trick to the singer to try like him!
> > His voice can be divine-Like in Zikr. His voice can be a lover-
like in
> > Tere bina. His voice can be patriotic like in VM or ye jo des ha
tera.
> > His voice can be naughty like in tu bole..This is what
versatiltiy