Also Bombay Dreams had some great songs which should be recognised
by west and Grammy pepole. 'How many stars' was pure western
classial wonder by Rahman (others have shade of Indian/bollywood
music). Don't know how many times I have hummed the whole 'how many
stars' song in perfect pitch :).. It's sweet and short western
classical song by ARR, which most of westerners like to perform on
stage..
I got a nice video on youtube for this song performance..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OcXbDSad4AA

--- In arrahmanfans@yahoogroups.com, Gomzy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> * A Vandematarm might earn respectability from every Indian, but
it might
> not mean a thing at all for rest of 150 countries (how many are
there?)*

> Vandemataram (ARR Version) is the second most popular song in the
world.

> On Thu, Jun 26, 2008 at 9:50 PM, V S Rawat <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> >   We all fans wish that our man wins each and every award in the
world at
> > least once. May he be the first Oscar winning Indian, may he be
the
> > first Grammy winning Indian, for music.
> >
> > Of course, he is very capable and has given a widest variety of
types of
> > music/ songs, yet, yet, yet - the fact remains that there is no
Oscar/
> > Grammy nomination for him till date.
> >
> > Could it be that ARR is inherently lacking something, if not in
musical
> > capabilities, but in terms of vision, that is stopping him from
coming
> > up with some Oscar/ Grammy music?
> >
> > Has ARR reached a plateau where he just repeating old wine in new
> > bottle, which still sounds good, but is not worthy of reaching
world
> > audience?
> >
> > This groups membership, I think, is of 20-35 age-group, 99.999%
males,
> > well conversant in English/ Net/ PC, mostly middle to upper
class.
> > Doesn't that sound very narrow band of entire population of
world? We do
> > not represent humanity of world.
> >
> > We might remain frogs in a well praising ARR no ends, but we
don't even
> > represent even Indian masses, not to speak of representing
entire world.
> > --
> > The major drawback -- and it is beyond ARR's control, is indeed
the
> > language. Being here, he has to compose in Indian language and
Indian