Cheers Dinesh...

----- Original Message ----
From: Dinesh Vaidya <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: arrahmanfans@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Tuesday, July 15, 2008 5:05:02 PM
Subject: [arr] COPYMANIACs virus spreading fast !

To all "copy" masters,

1. There are 7 swaras / notes in music. Every MD has to base his songs
on these 7 swaras, so I guess as per this formula, nobody is original
? all copy all ?

2. Pt. Bhimsen Joshi sings Ahir Bhirav RAAGA, Pt. Shivkumar Sharma
plays Ahir Bhirav on Santoor. Is one copying other ?

3. Pt Balmurali Krishna sings Hamsadwhani, Mandolin Srinivas plays
same, for both, the accompanist is playing same beats. Are these two
performances same to our ears ?

4. The moment Rahman comes out with a new album, you jump and start
chanting Copy / copy / copy. Do I listen to Rahman and enjoy or listen
to you and suffer ?

The answer to all 4 queries above is a BIG NNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOO OOOOOO!

I don't care ! I like to listen to Rahmans words and his music and I
don't waste my energy in finding similarities.

Earlier the group consisted mainly of RAHMANIACs, I find that lately
the new virus of COPYMANIACS is spreading fast...... too bad !

best regards
Dinesh Vaidya
Pune