Hello Shashi

I also regard IR very highly. When you talk about compositions, I feel
both are equally good. Their styles differ - IR does it all himself ,
probably impromptu whereas ARR is a composition by jamming. We can
keep arguing till the rainbow's end about which style is better.

All I am trying to say, is that it is good to see credit being to
musicians. This doesn't in any way imply that the other MDs were wrong
not to give credit . :)

Warm Regards
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Vinayak
http://theregoesanotherday.blogspot.com/

Main chupana jaanta toh jag mujhe sadhu samajhta, Shatru ban gaya hai
chal rahit vyahvar mera

Harivanshrai Bacchan

On Tue, Jul 22, 2008 at 8:02 PM, anishshreya <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Dear Sunil,
>
> Agreed, recognising the effort of musicians are important. But
> illayaraja has an orchestra and arr does not. In this case its
> becomes difficult to detail all the names in one cd cover.
>
> Yuvan,Harris and our boss works quite similar. Anyway, I am not
> comparing Illayaraja with arr coz both are from diffrent schools but
> to me though i am a arr fan, in terms of composition raja is way
> above. You can see that in shivamani interview where he calls raja as
> a genius in compostions and rahman for his technicality expertise.
>
> Cheers
>
> Shashi
>
> --- In arrahmanfans@yahoogroups.com, "Sunil VG" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>
>> I remember Guitar Prasanna once mentioned on his web site that the
> July
>> Madham intro was totally created by ARR. Prasanna just played it
> and brought
>> his style into the brilliant piece. A similar statement was made by
> Naveen
>> when asked about his heavenly flute bits in ARR songs.
>>
>> Although ARR gives his instrumentalists the freedom to improvise,
> it doesn't
>> take any credit away from. Crediting musicians on album covers was
> his way
>> of recognizing & acknowledging the importance of team work.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Sunil
>>
>> On Tue, Jul 22, 2008 at 10:23 AM, anishshreya <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>> wrote:
>>
>> > Dear All,
>> >
>> > Rahman and other music directors work differently. For example if
> you
>> > look at Ilayaraja , he composes and give notes to his musicians
> where
>> > they just play according to notes and no changes. So the effort
> comes
>> > from Illayaraja as a soul person and the operators are many.I
> guess
>> > in this case raja did not feel the need to highlight / credit the
>> > musicians names.
>> >
>> > In ARR case, I feel he starts it all fresh. Gives a basic rag and
>> > asks the musician to play in different styles. So these musicians
>> > have to be credited coz rahman chooses what fits to the
> composition.
>> >
>> > I guess thats the difference. I am a Rahman fan myself but in
> terms
>> > of composition and notes..we have to give it to ilayaraja.He is a
>> > mastero and till date no one can match it.
>> >
>> > Rahman is great in his own stride coz the layers he puts into a
> song
>> > and the sound is pure. I had asked my friend who is a professional
>> > sound engineer to hear Rangde Basanti and was surprised to hear
> that
>> > its the ultimate sound at this contemporary time. Its very pure
> and
>> > asked me more abt arr. Thats the strength of arr.

> [...]

Are you searching for a reason, to be kind?
<b>

To Unsubscribe: [EMAIL PROTECTED] Groups Links

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: