Rahman to westernize Thirukkural?
July 25, 2008

In                                             a recent interview to a
tabloid, A                                             R Rahman
expressed his desire to release
the Tamil verse collection Thirukkural
in rap format. He replied so when
asked what would be his contribution
to the younger generation.

Rahman further mentioned that the
project would involve desi Rapper
  [A R Rahman]
Blazee, who is already on the job of preparing
the format and would be a novel attempt
to popularize Tamil literature. As per Rahman,
Blazee would sing Thirukkural in rap version
and Carnatic music would be used to mix
in the background. Rahman was also quoted
as saying by the tabloid that he would only
produce the album and music would be rendered
by Blazee himself.

--
regards..

Krish...
His Music ~ My Mother Tongue

"Rahman is born with so much of humility. He doesn't differentiate
between singers and gives all singers the same amount of respect. More
importantly, he does not discourage a new singer.When I met Rahman
initially, he said, 'I dont know how long I will last in an industry
where there are great 'jambavans'. I'll last for 5 years at the most'.
"Then, I met him 5 years later and he said God has given me 5 moreyears.
Now, it's been 20 years & he still rules. He's a good humanbeing and a
great composer" -- SPB Sir

http://www.orkut.co.in/AlbumList.aspx?uid=7295035299513517297
<http://http//www.orkut.co.in/AlbumList.aspx?uid=7295035299513517297>