From: rahmanfever <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: [arr] Rahman to westernize Thirukkural?
To: arrahmanfans@yahoogroups.com
Date: Friday, July 25, 2008, 5:00 PM

Rahman to westernize Thirukkural?

July 25, 2008

In a recent interview to a tabloid, A R Rahman expressed his desire to release
the Tamil verse collection Thirukkural in rap format. He replied so when asked
what would be his contribution to the younger generation.

Rahman further mentioned that the project would involve desi Rapper

Blazee, who is already on the job of preparing the format and would be a novel
attempt to popularize Tamil literature. As per Rahman, Blazee would sing
Thirukkural in rap version and Carnatic music would be used to mix in the
background. Rahman was also quoted as saying by the tabloid that he would only
produce the album and music would be rendered by Blazee himself.

--
regards..

Krish...
His Music ~ My Mother Tongue

"Rahman is born with so much of humility. He doesn't differentiate between
singers and gives all singers the same amount of respect. More importantly, he
does not discourage a new singer.When I met Rahman initially, he said, 'I dont
know how long I will last in an industry where there are great 'jambavans'.
I'll last for 5 years at the most'. "Then, I met him 5 years later and he said
God has given me 5 moreyears. Now, it's been 20 years & he still rules. He's a
good humanbeing and a great composer" -- SPB Sir

http://www.orkut. co.in/AlbumList. aspx?uid= 7295035299513517 297