Actually it depends on the arena and the set up.
  say if u have watched that Kariakal concert, you dont see much orechestra
and musicians but still you have the feel of the original song. Its tough ,
so you can say that is lip synching as finally what audience care is the
output.

 But concerts like LA and other concerts where there is huge set up for the
concert, its not lip synching ,its live  as you can see some additional
effects better than the original.

Rahman doest do lip synching(99% of his concerts except that Kariakl thing
,you can accept that), but most of the singers do lip synching on stage and
if at all a singer dances and singes on stage then 99% be sure that it is
lip synching atleast the audio part is pre recorded.