From: aurora <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: [arr] what has ar rahman been doing?
To: arrahmanfans@yahoogroups.com
Date: Thursday, July 31, 2008, 6:02 AM

im a rehman fan too...but not a Harris disliker...some of my pals
wrote that HJ was copying ARR, but its hard to agree dat. HJ is a man
with talent, no dbt abt it..but he also had some inputs durin d time
he worked withh ARR. wats wrong with thinkin alike and givin some
thing similar to his old inputs,in his own creations?..

Its true HJ sounds similar to ARR...d latest i hav noticed is d
enadhuyire from bheema..It was somethin close to ARR,but
disappointingly our maestro hav not given anythin like dat in d last
2-3yrs..nd how many really likes d way ARR treated tracks
"Maridhanee" ,"Elay" from his latest film Sakkarakkatti. .

hey nd just pay a close ear to those films frm ARR after Rhythm(that
was probably d last movie which HJ nd ARR worked togather)..nd after
that there was no movie frm ARR,which had all d tracks(at least
75%,which,he usually does) bcomin such hits(nd surprisingly d reverse
is happening for HJ)..,we fans seem to b forgetful,for the above
recent fact.

nd the most reasonable thought is dat he could b dat busy with his
'real' projects(internatio nal) so that he allows his companions to do
lionnshare of d indian movie works..
also there is dis possibility dat he may b takin a short break in
order to transform the way his music sounds...i optimistically think
this is a time like one we had previous Rangeela...

and u all know our mastro also worked with Ilayaraja..now plz listen
to the Kanne Kalymaane song and hav a good ear on its background nd
the pattern of d song..the use of certain instrumnts,especial ly the
way the rhythm is set, i think it sounds more ARR than IR. What i
belive is dat ARR(not only him,also others) had given his
inputs/suggestions, nd IR took some,nd dropped some nd came up with IR
version(but didnt sound like one of IR).

also have u noticed the latest ADA title song(ADA by sonu nigam)...u
see a female part at the begning,singing in a diff language..i think
our maestro got inspired by HJ..the only diff is HJ uses some other
type of modulation nd light instuments for that part..
nd the Athiredee song from Sivaji..the beats surely inspired(only
inspired,not copied) from sister from Blood on d dancing floor b
Michael Jackson..

nd for one thing we must truly adore him,nd thats why we still like
him,trust him nd love him for...cos he, only gets inspired,(never do
the cut,copy,paste thing with others songs), nd out of his inspiration
we get some outstanding/ fabulous songs of all time..even the talented
HJ nd Joshua fails,and at somepoint of their heart, dont belive their
inspiration could work wonders than the inspirational source..

.nd by writing i know i cld hav made many of my frnds angry,nd
offended many...but being rational,i could not help pointin these.