Dear All,

This YG was started in Jan 1, 1999. So, much hasnt been discussed abt movies
of ARR released before that time. If one could go back, one can see real
precious jewels of ARR in the decade from 90 to 2000. ( Not that he is not
giving us precious gems now ) . So, I think it would be better, we start
revisiting some of the glories of ARR 's work, during that period, so as to
share a lot of information and thoughts on movies, ( many of which have gone
unnoticed)

Duet.. I just love ARR 's work in this movie like anything. It was K.
Balachander's first association with ARR, after drifting away from IR, and
ARR was and would have been the right choice made by KB, and I am sure he
would have been very happy for taking the right decision.

Some observations abt the songs in this movie

1. Complete Melody tracks
2. SPB singing in every song
3. Anjali Anjali, En Kaadhale are awesome tracks.
4. Introduction of Prakashraj in this movie , and a class BGM used, when he
comes to the scene ( This was used by KB for all his RAJ Tv Serials later )
5. The Sax work of Kadri Gopalnathji.

The song En kaadhale makes u cry. Oh What a melody piece, and wonderful
piano work. Vairamuthu 's Lyrics are a wonder.

I wish ARR does more of movies like DUET....

Pls keep adding.

--
regards,
Vithur